66 Malibu

Thanks guys. The car will not stay green but the hood I would like to keep primer. :) This should be very interesting to paint.

Thanks CT. Probably shouldn't have started this while I have three others on the go. ::) Oh well, I'll post some more pics. when I get something done. ;)

Not much. Just added these two slots to the turret. I will use some small diameter styrene rod to replicate a couple of smaller caliber gun barrels. I'll take a better pic. when I get more done. :)Thanks for the interest.

IMG_2722.jpg

Thanks Steelsnail. I have been rethinking the truck box. It is a bit small. I liked it at first but then when I attached it to the car it looked okay but I wasn't thrilled with it. Stay tuned,..I may scratchbuild a box. ;) I keep picturing it in my head.

Any update on this build yet Matt?

Not seen anything in a while and was looking forward to this coming together!

Thanks Leigh. A small update.

Added a couple of guns to the turret.

IMG_2927.jpg

I thought the driver's door better have a bit of protection.

IMG_2923.jpg

I redid the rear frame. Made it a little longer and wider.

IMG_2928.jpg

That is it for now. Working on the suspension now.

Thanks guys, and sorry Leigh. I thought I should throw a few pics up instead of just saying I'm going to eventually throw some pictures up. LOL You guys now how it is when progress is slow. ;)

I originally did not intend for this build to be too involved. But you know how things go. One thing leads to another. The styrene starts flirting with the hobby knife ...and you end with some scratched suspension.

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

noname said:
But you know how things go. One thing leads to another. The styrene starts flirting with the hobby knife ...and you end with some scratched suspension.
i know that feeling. Scratch building can be fun.

Latest posts

Back