Upgrade parts for the AMT (1/66) Falcon????

Omegamann55,

Acreation models detail kit is an exact copy of my graphics found free on this forum. The photo etced stuff is excelent quality and follows the original concept of it going together lick a paper model. The graphics found here for free, http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,3397.0.html can also be used as a template build the cockpit. Have a look at scratchy's cockpit build.

The AMT Photo etch and downloadable graphics were sized for the AMT and although i never saw a copy of the photo etc kits, should fit the AMT without problems.

With Acreations upgrade kit you get more than just the cockpit, you get more photo etced parts to enhance the AMT falcon.

PS; Be aware the photo ected kits from Acreations and the free graphics were designed as a full cockpit replacement. Something misunderstood by Fine moulds Falcon builders. Its not supposed to fit together with, or over existing parts of the cockpit. (Although it can be modified to do so, and has been done with sucessfull results.

Happy to help with ya cockpit rebuild.

Ozzy

I have that kit ans it's been very hit or miss for me....but I'm new to photoetch. The cockpit was quite difficult and I had to mostly abandon it. BUT, I've seen other people make brilliant versions. I believe that the white/blue YT that's on this forum has the photoetch cockpit.

The thing with the photoetch is that it's got bits for either studio model. Not one or the other. It's also made for the fine molds falcon, so I doubt anything will fit the amt falcon.

astroboy said:
The thing with the photoetch is that it's got bits for either studio model. Not one or the other. It's also made for the fine molds falcon, so I doubt anything will fit the amt falcon.

I stand corrected. I was lead to believe that there were 2 versions of the photoetch. One sized for AMT cockpit and another for the FM Falcon. It seems I was wrong. :-X

Just use the free gr :-Xaphics and make yourself a template.

Ozzy

ozzyguanche said:
astroboy said:

I stand corrected. I was lead to believe that there were 2 versions of the photoetch. One sized for AMT cockpit and another for the FM Falcon. It seems I was wrong. :-X

Just use the free gr :-Xaphics and make yourself a template.

Ozzy

Grrr! I was hoping it would go together with a little modding.... I might still go for it and if it doesn't work out?????
Are there any kits like that, that will be made for the AMT? Who's idea was it to make it 1/66 anyway? Lol..... :D :D
It looks so impresive in the pice though!!!

ozzyguanche said:
Omegamann55,

Acreation models detail kit is an exact copy of my graphics found free on this forum. The photo etced stuff is excelent quality and follows the original concept of it going together lick a paper model. The graphics found here for free, http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,3397.0.html can also be used as a template build the cockpit. Have a look at scratchy's cockpit build.

The AMT Photo etch and downloadable graphics were sized for the AMT and although i never saw a copy of the photo etc kits, should fit the AMT without problems.

With Acreations upgrade kit you get more than just the cockpit, you get more photo etced parts to enhance the AMT falcon.

PS; Be aware the photo ected kits from Acreations and the free graphics were designed as a full cockpit replacement. Something misunderstood by Fine moulds Falcon builders. Its not supposed to fit together with, or over existing parts of the cockpit. (Although it can be modified to do so, and has been done with sucessfull results.

Happy to help with ya cockpit rebuild.

Ozzy

Hi Ozzy,

I went to the page to download the graphics for the cockpit but for some reason, I can't????
Anyway, I also had a look on the Spanish site and it looks like they do a resin kit for the cockpit???
I'd rather build one though, I think????

The scale of the AMT falcon in general is actualy very close to the dimentions of the 5 foot falcon. It unfortunately was given high walls, and an undersized cockpit.

floor.

IMG_0036.jpg
IMG_0034.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg
IMG_0026.jpg

Once the floor is done, you can put the chairs in.

Picture025.jpg

I still have those back chairs if anyone wants them.

Then the console which folds together.

Picture028.jpg

And finaly the back wall and side walls, whcih have tabs to past together.

Picture023.jpg

Floor and console in canopy windows

Picture038.jpg

Thats just non gloss photo paper, but you can use the graphics as a template first and put the printed graphics on styrene cut it out and make a backing first, like scratchy did at 1/44th even. And you can get this:

IMG_0519.jpg
IMG_1828.jpg

Hope that helps. It helps me LOL. I get to post old photos of work I am proud of. LOL.

Ozzy

It does help me! The console is where I stopped a bit ago and seeing one built up is nice.

Hey Ozzy, I got to have a look at the details you pointed me at and they are indeed awesome.
I hope you don't mind but I still like the 3D look of the etched stuff from Acreation models, I have read that the MPC/AMT kit has the cockpit under sized, If this is true, Would the PE stuff fit in there? I know it's a big ask but I want it in there if it will go???? :-\

Seem not.

I was under the impression he was going to do an AMT sized set, but I was wrong. You could build a bigger cockpit!!!

Ozzy

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't know what to do now!!!!
I have two kits coming from the States so that will give me some thinking time........

Omegaman55, were are you, then? I thought you were in USA.

I will have alook at my crap pile and see if some of the old AMT sized parts are anywere. You could maybe use them. I know I still have the seets at least.

Ozzy

ozzyguanche said:
Omegaman55, were are you, then? I thought you were in USA.

I will have alook at my crap pile and see if some of the old AMT sized parts are anywere. You could maybe use them. I know I still have the seets at least.

Ozzy

I'm in the UK, Milton Keynes. And you?
I'm really going to throw myself at this but I'm going to be re-learning painting as it's been a while and the last model I played with was a 1/48 F-14.... (not finished)

I just checked the shipping info for the Falcon kits..... They are in the UK now!!!! :D :D :D
Also, I have ordered two sets of Quad lasers and gun wells from Trilliance and Engine exhaust detail kit and the side wall kit from Starship Modeller.... come on post man!!!!!!!

Does anyone have a contact for Jack Smith at FalconKits?
I've tried to e-mail a few times but I'm not sure he's getting them????
I just need the cockpit set he makes....

Omegaman55 said:
Does anyone have a contact for Jack Smith at FalconKits?
I've tried to e-mail a few times but I'm not sure he's getting them????
I just need the cockpit set he makes....

I wouldn't get your hopes up of ever getting anything from Falcon Kits, a.k.a. Jack smith. I paid over $120 for the full upgrade kit from him in 2011 and I STILL have not seen it. He told me several times that it was shipped, yet I never saw it and he supposedly never got it back. I even provided him my correct address on three different times. Got the same stories of living with severe back pain after an operation, bad breakup with his girlfriend/wife/whatever...and then no contact whatsoever.

Jump forward 3 years to today, and this is what is posted on his site:

"NEWS: Hi folks - I was hit by an e-mail virus about a month ago, and though I thought that I'd completely removed it from my system, it appears I was wrong.
I've received a LOT of e-mail and replied to it all, but no one replied, and I've just been told that it's because none of my replies are being received. I'm setting up a new e-mail tonight (likely gmail), and will begin re-replying.

Please - if you didn't get a response, wait until I post the new e-mail and send it again!

Thanks!"

So there you have it....he is basically putting it out there that he can't control anything in his life, and apparently has no intention of keeping up with people who do business with him, or have intentions of honoring his commitments. I know he says he is a teacher and all, but I am a teacher as well, and I still manage to get everything I need to do done during my day. If I kept my principal waiting 3 years for something, I would be fired 2 years and 11 months before that time ended. I sent him an email last night telling him to enjoy the free $120 and that I no longer wanted his upgrade kit, or a reply back as I have no desire to be fed yet another slew of lies or excuses, as I am sure that's all I would get from him.

Latest posts

Back