66 Nova

That's some great building man. I really like the rust underneath too. Looks right.

Thanks Scott. I've actually been weathering the underneath more. I think it's looking better now.

I want this to be like a work in progress car rather than a glossy finished ride. So I want the chassis well used and the body to have some rust and primer. It will be like a 70's car that is being fixed up a decade or more later kinda thingy. Maybe it sat in a barn or outside for a while. I know in the real world I have seen many cars like this passed from hand to hand. People often have more ideas than they do time or money. Basically I just thought it would make a neat model. ;D

Thanks. It was actually more than dust. I redid the layer of rust and then I brushed on some dirty grey/black onto certain areas to tone down the rust. Then I did the pigments. I was working with some photos I found on the web.

Thanks guys. Having trouble getting some bench time. I have been making a steering column from the firewall to the steering box. And I've also started the headers. I'll take a pic. when I get some more done. Thanks for hanging out.

Made me a steering column (or whatever it's called). Won't be seen much with the engine in place but at least there is something there.

And got some headers made. I'll have to make the flange and later on hook up an exhaust. Usually I use a flame to bend the styrene but this time just bent it cold with my fingers.

It's coming along okay. Looking back I would have did a few things a tad different but next time I'll do better. Planning is everything in a build like this. There are a few limitations when not starting with a new kit. But, it's all good.

Nice progress on this. I hear you on the planning part. This is coming along real good though. Keep at it.

Excellent scratch building as usual. Love those headers!

Thanks Scott and CT. I may rust these headers up a bit. They almost always do. Very hard to keep paint on it. I was thinking the chassis would be used like a 15-20 year old car would be, the front end more new (a little rust) and the engine look more on the fresh side. Just for some variation . The exhaust will be a bit of a chore but lots to do before that.

Thanks guys. Not the best picture but when everything is buttoned up I'll take another.

Latest posts

Back