66 Malibu

noname

Hey guys, started this over at MSC and thought I join in the fun here as well.

For those of you who haven't seen it yet. I started with this.

IMG_2528.jpg

Then did something like this.

IMG_2570.jpg

Ended up (so far) with something like this.

IMG_2590.jpg

And was thinking of going somewhere like this.

IMG_2569.jpg

Thanks fro stopping by. ;D ;D

Thanks guys. I wanted this to a be a quicker lightly armoured type of car. Something like Mad Max. Although if I remember correctly Mel Gibson's car didn't even have any armour.

noname said:
Thanks guys. I wanted this to a be a quicker lightly armoured type of car. Something like Mad Max. Although if I remember correctly Mel Gibson's car didn't even have any armour.

Didn't need it, no one could catch it. But all the other cars had the armor.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I didn't want this to be too tame so I've added this turret.

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

Sorry for those who like the green but it won't be staying. Can't go it. ;)

I know I told you once on this one already Matt, but it worth a second....I really like where this is heading, a great use of local products!! Keep it coming!!! ;D

Thanks T. I'm always keeping my eye out for stuff for modeling. My wife even keeps an eye out for me. I have some other bits of junk staring at me, wanting to be used (sounds like a cheap bar doesn't it? :-X). May have to do another in the future. ;) Won't we all eh? ;D

Didn't get any bench time in tonight, but I did get the side window armour installed last night.

IMG_2662.jpg

And also configured this makeshift, recycled fuel cell/barrel otherwise known as a shampoo bottle top and snap button. Once painted I think it will do the trick.

IMG_2666.jpg

Thanks for looking.

LOL...I hear you Matt, mine is trained a bit to ask before she throw some things out.!!! I like the turn-wheel idea!!! Looks sweet!!! ;)

Good imagination on this Matt and you're like me finding bits and bobs around the house to use.

Like where this is going!

Thanks T, Leigh, John and Grendels. I've got a little bit done over the weekend. I'll post pics when I have something more substantial to show. Like most of you, I've a few other builds on the go.

Ya, it's great when you get the whole family into eyeing junk up for model building.LOL I love recycling. ;D

I got the grille made. It's just tacked in there as I think I'll paint it separately (aluminum). The headlight buckets are from a 32 Ford kit. I'm liking it. :)

IMG_2685_zps7256cb90.jpg

This is a very simlpe makeshift frame for the box to set on. Had to get it just right so the box would sit where I wanted it to.

IMG_2690_zps44f3dab5.jpg

I like your progress Matt!! Even more so, I am liking the look of all the different plastic coming together....pill bottle, primered hood, green body!! LOL!! Looking great, keep it coming!! ;)

Latest posts

Back