66 Nova

noname

Ya, ..I went ahead and hauled out another shelf queen. Or box queen in my case. Something else to poke at while waiting on other projects. Shouldn't take too long. I had the chassis, interior and body painted. But the body needed some touch up. When I started this a few years ago it was going to be nice and shiny. But,..nawww. I don't feel like it right now. So the back will have primer on one side. Maybe some different coloured panels. I know I do that all the time, but hay I like it and it's FUN!

I want to do it an in progress 70s/80s style. Some Crager rims, stickers on the back window, maybe up slightly higher in the back. Here is the engine already completed.

Thanks guys. I was a notty boy and went ahead and sanded off the side trim before checking my reference. It is suppose to be there even if chrome is not. Good thing I had some small diameter half round on hand.

I sanded it down to a similar contour of the kit trim.

Thanks guys. I squeezed the engine in the engine compartment and it is so tight I may leave it in there. I will try to weather around it.

Got the engine in...sort of. Some fit issues but I'll make it work.

The chassis is coming. still some more weathering to do. But I think I have a good start.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks Scott. :)

There is going to be a few changes to this build. I was doing a little test fitting and found out for whatever reason the grill,bumper and headlight piece would not fit as the radiator support was in the way. I thought about trimming it and moving it further in but then my mind got wondering. So now I think I'll build a new frame from the firewall forward and do a Gasser style straight axle.

I also want to use a car from my childhood as a little inspiration. There use to be this white Chevy II (62-65 not 66) and it had wide tires that stuck out past the fenders with white rims. This is so 70's. It was a little rough around the edges but cool.

So I'm going to add these tires, radius the wheel opening and have some fun.

Oh, and I'm going to either have to slightly modify (mostly headers) the engine or do another one.

Very cool project! I love the look of the 70's street machines. Cragar mags, tunnel ram intakes and traction bars. I'm getting excited just talking about it. ;D

Ya this kit actally comes with the pieces you mentioned. And now they have come out with a Grumpy Jenkins version!

Thanks for the positive comments. The secret to a good build I think is to do something interesting and FUN for the builder. This way it is enjoyable and not a chore. Sometimes I get bored of something before I'm even out of the gate. :-\ ;D But I'm looking forward to this. It's just fun!

You've hit the nail on the head there Matt, i'm the same. sometimes i plan things in my head but by the time the parts have been ordered and have arrived i have lost interest! i find the key is to have the next kit on the way before i finish what i'm working on so i don't get chance to get bored, trouble is if they arrive to soon i get distracted by the shiny new stuff and start too soon. its a fine balance!

Latest posts

Back