66 Malibu

Thanks alot guys, those are some nice compliments you are handing out. ;)

The turret looks like it has a bit much of "live" rust on it. That is it is a bit yellow. Have to study that a bit and give it some thought. I can tell you that while planning this build it was my intention to have the turret rusted differently and rusted more than the box considering it would have been a more aged metal.

I am liking the Che stencil more now that I've looked at the photos. Not sure how much will be visible in the end. But we know he's there right. ;) ;D

Thanks Scott and Quaralane.

I haven't got any pics. What time I've had to work on this has been used trying to make throttle linkage for the dual carb setup. VERY DIFFICULT! Almost too small to work on for me. One failed attempt but I'm having another go at it. Satye tuned. :)

Finally got this engine pretty much finished. I made some throttle linkage. Not the greatest but good enough for this grimy little BB Chevy. I actually have some PE linkage and stuff but I'm saving that for a more detailed future build. ;)

I also used some wire to make the fuel line and some even smaller wire for the return spring. Don't mind the green. I had to scrape that off so I can get glue to stick.

IMG_3217.jpg

This little scoop is just resting on there. I'll glue it after it is painted.

IMG_3212.jpg

I think this will look pretty decent after the engine bay is finished and the engine is in. I just have to find an old swing set. ;D

eh up buddy,ya engine looks well smart,love ya attention to detail it`s just amazing....top job.peza :eek:

Thanks for the encouraging words guys.

I think the engine compartment is pretty much complete.

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

Here is that fuel tank. Not quite happy with it at the moment. I think I'll weather it a little more and see what it looks like then.

IMG_3233.jpg

Well I think the engine compartment is pretty much awesome ;D
Same as the rest of the build.

Thanks alot John. I noticed looking in the pics. that the valve covers, manifold and carbs all look the same colour. They actually are not. The valve covers were chrome sprayed with dullcoat. Then the carbs were painted gold with a black wash and the dome was Tamiya metallic grey. I guess maybe the engine grime tied them together. Or maybe it's the lighting. Anyway, that was not my intention.

Spot on work there Matt!! This the color difference is just the lighting playing tricks!! Beautiful stuff, keep it up!! ;D

Excellent work! I'm really impressed with the engine - that is some very realistic "oil/grime". Mind if I ask what method or washes you are using for that? has a nice glossy to it. Well done! :)

eh up buddy,i`m so eager to so this excellant build all together.i can`t say to much because words fail me..cheers peza

Man....that engine is tight!
Looks like the real thing. However you managed the finish on those valve covers, is excellent!

Latest posts

Back