1950 Chevy Shop Truck (Beater) (WIP)

This looks nice CT. Just the right amount of subtlety. I think the red primer with the chipped paint and beige/chrome wheels is a nice combo.

Looking sweet :) ...Defo ...stock rims ;D maybe a missing hub cap too .

Chris.

Thanks for the input guys! I guess she will have stock wheels. Chris, I really like the missing hubcap idea but I will probably leave them all on this go around. These wheels have no detail if you leave the hubcap off. No lugs, studs, etc. I'll take the lazy route and leave them all on. Lol. Thanks again guys!!! ;D

The stock rims might look better if they were chipped and weathered a little.

dogfish7 said:
The stock rims might look better if they were chipped and weathered a little.
The truck is just mocked up right now. I definitely will do some weathering on the wheels. It is a common theme nowadays to take an old car or truck that has patina, lower it a bit and run nicer wheels and tires. With that being said, I'm not sure how weathered I will go. We'll see. Thanks for the input dogfish. I appreciate it. ;D

Hey CT,

I like the stock look to the wheels but I think the Chrome as it sits now is a little loud. Is there anyway to weather 'em up a bit?

No matter which way you go with this, it is looking great!

adampolo13 said:
Hey CT,

I like the stock look to the wheels but I think the Chrome as it sits now is a little loud. Is there anyway to weather 'em up a bit?

No matter which way you go with this, it is looking great!
No doubt Adam. I stated in an earlier comment that I have some weathering left to do. I just mocked it up to get an idea of what it would look like. They will at least be black washed and dirtied up a bit. ;D

adampolo13 said:
I have no doubts in your abilities!!!
Thanks Adam. You're too kind. Are you still having fun with the AK products?

Here is my first completed build for 2013. Thanks for following me on this guys and I wish all of you a Happy New Year!!!

041-1_zps217303f4.jpg

013-3_zpsaddca31b.jpg

046_zps80f3c71d.jpg

051_zps7747d391.jpg

039_zpsee7b766e.jpg

038-1_zpsc44a6521.jpg

Wow! Those hubcaps.....I can't take my eye's off them. What did you do there because they look awesome. Chromed then rusted? please do tell.

Glorfindel said:
Wow! Those hubcaps.....I can't take my eye's off them. What did you do there because they look awesome. Chromed then rusted? please do tell.
Thank you Glorfindel! The hubcaps were done with just the right amount of splatter from a black, brown and primer gray spray paints. I mostly use an airbrush but there are definitely some tricks I have learned from spray cans that I still use. I think I added just a hint of MIG rust with a cotton swab as well. Shhhh......don't tell anyone. LOL!!! ;D

Back