1/48 Revell B-17G

James, thank you for the referance pic. I have been trying to decide how to weather her. This definatly helps! Also, do you happen to know how the atenna wires were set up on the G's. The kit instructions show an antenna runing from the tail to the right side of the fuesalage and it shows a wire from the left side of the fuselage to the middle of the left wing. Other referance matterial shows two wires, one from the left and one from the right, running to the tail. Do you know which is correct?

Thanks again!

Adam

More "Stickers" I love how this bird is turning out!!!

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends!

Ditto Bomberboy's tip on those vents, so many guys run exhaust staining from them.

Putting all those stencils on must have been tedious! I don't think I used them, when I built mine back around 1979 or so ;)

Sorry to ask this, but shouldn't the aircraft's ID code (LG R) bracket the national insignia, so, "LG * R" and "R * LG"?

Hi Baron, thank you very much for the complements on the stickers. In terms of the aircraft ID. I'm not too sure, the instructions show it the way I have it. I did find a reference pic that shows they did put it that way. I could be wrong tho... I really do appreciate the heads up.

050202-F-1234P-108.jpg

No, you're right, thanks! Good job on the research ;) So, how much did you finish today? :D

Alrighty folks, here are a few pics.

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

So I know I am going to disapoint a lot of you when I say this but here it goes. I am not going to weather the model. I know I know.... Two reasons. First, I like the way it looks now. (Who knows I may add some weathering later on) Second, I made a ton of mistakes. I.E. Glazing on the windows, dust in the paint, seam lines showing, and a finger print that I don't think I can get out at the moment. I think about the first car I built and how awful it was. (I mean BAD) and how much better my last one looked. (Not show quality, but I improved.)

With all that being said... I have learned a ton on this build, some of which I have already been encorperating into my A-10 (Thanks to everyone for all the advice.) Even more importantly I have had so much fun just building this beast. It will be a nice conversation started I'm sure.

Anyways, I have the waist gunner, nose cone and a few other tiny bits that I should be done with in a few days.

As always thanks for following my build. I'm sure I'll put another one of this big girls together someday. I would love to build the memphis bell. I also was thinking going bigger. B-29!

That's OK, Adam. I remember a quote from a man named Superczynski, I think it was, passed away a couple of years ago, but who always said, "Build what you like, the way you like!" ;)

Waaaaheyyyyy! Looks brilliant that! Nice one.
You don't have to weather every kit, you need some that are clean for the contrast!

Looks great there Adam, as a side note when or if you decide to put the antennas on they start near the radio room at the little nubs sticking out there and go to the tab on the tail, NO antenna goes to the A/N antenna that is on the tail fin hump. don't want you to get this far with a great build and blow it there. A B-29 would be a good next step it will teach you a lot about a Natural Metal Finish.

James

All done:

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Her she is in the hanger waiting for a more perminent location.
IMG_0325.jpg

Overall, I had a ton of fun. For my first aircraft ever I am satisfied. I learned so much and am looking forward to coming back and fixing a few things up (much later) Or building another one. :)

Thanks again for looking and commenting.

That's an amazing first aircraft. Congrats on such a great finish. Can't imagine what #2 is going to look like.

Latest posts

Back