1/24 Ju87-B2 Stuka, MPC

Nice bit of scratch work there :) I like the Stuka ,you got the paint very well done ,especially the yellow nose ..nice chipping ,looks very natural ;)

Chris.

Thanks Chris, this Has Been A Fun Build to say the least!

So here is the update to stand build, I got her done today! I also got the weathering done or at least the line/rivet shading. In the photos of the weathering you see it two stages, on the elevators I have wiped it off and on the wings you see how it is applied.

Well thats al for now more soon, we are nearing the END.

st64.jpg

st65.jpg

here is how it will be displayed when all said and done sorta?

st66.jpg

st67.jpg

st68.jpg

st69.jpg

st70.jpg

st71.jpg

Thanks For Looking,

James

Great stuff. The weathering looks fantastic, and the engine on the stand is a neat way to display it.

Re: 1/24 Ju87-B2 Stuka, MPC (Finished)

NOW!!!! the moment I've been waiting for the Finished Build. I can't begin to tell y'all just how much fun it has been to build this kit. My friend Hunter Selby (Name on Plane) who is a stunning big rig truck builder, presented me with this Stuka since he does not build planes and he wanted someone to enjoy building it, I MUST SAY I HAVE!! Thanks so much for all the comps that have come along the way. I hope I have given you a decent time line and new ways to do things.

All the decals for this kit are home made as the ones that came with it are from 1977 and quite deteriorated. I have taken some close-ups to show some better detail such as the sight made of parts from a B-17 photoetch set. I have also shown some of the patch um up and get 'em out work done on the tail and wings were she got strafed go at some point.

Without further ado here is the finished JU 87 B-2 Stuka

Enjoy!!

st72.jpg

st73.jpg

st74.jpg

st75.jpg

st76.jpg

st77.jpg

st78.jpg

st79.jpg

st80.jpg

st81.jpg

st82.jpg

st83.jpg

st84.jpg

Thanks For Looking and Looking,

James

Here We Go some out door shots, took these today. Some of these are B/W sepia and there are full color too. I like trying to make them seem older or period, since I love to weather! it is a little photo heavy but I wanted to show a bunch of angles. One of the all over shots shows the corners of the picnic table I have it on for the shoot, to show size of this model. I was asked for these kind of shots on another site so I figured Y'all might like to see them too.

Hope Y'all Enjoy.
st100.jpg
st85.jpg
st88.jpg
st90.jpg
st93.jpg
st92.jpg
st95.jpg
st94.jpg
st99.jpg
st101.jpg
st102.jpg
st98.jpg
st96.jpg
st97.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion on the outdoor shots, Thanks for Lookin'
James

Myke said:
What color did you use for the exhaust. That looks spot on.

I use a mixture I call "MUCK", it has a little silver, semi-gloss black, rust, brown, and a lot of mineral spirits.

Ohhh that is one sweet looking bird my friend !!! Superb job !

I always loved that a/c .... me want one !!!

but not that big !!! LOL

vey nice job ! take good care of it !

Norm.

That is soooo wicked! Wow. I love it. That color scheme always interests me and in 1/24 to boot.

Man, gotta try one of these in 1/24 someday.

Scott Girvan said:
Man, gotta try one of these in 1/24 someday.

I tell ya once you do build one you will never want to do any other scale. Although I will finish out my 4th Fighter Group Build (collection) in 1/48 I think from now on I'll build big scale.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on this build, it has been a LOT OF FUN!!!!

On a side note She went to our monthly contest meeting for the club I'm in and she won 1st place in a field of other VERY WELL BUILT models, we have a very talented group of builders in my club, so I am Very Honored. All votes are by ballot from each member.

James

I dunno... the weathering looks a little out of scale.

And is that yellow the official RML colour??

;D

Just havin fun with you - looks awesome!

Latest posts

Back