1/24 Ju87-B2 Stuka, MPC

Hey Bomber, the Stuka is coming out sweet! You gotta love the old MPC kits! The scratch built parts really do bring the kit up to today's standards. Can't wait to see more pics!

:eek:

Oh...my ! this is gonna be sweet looking once done !

So Far I am very pleased with your progress ! The ENGINE is to die for ....
the color tones are great !

this is gonna be a MONSTER once all buttoned up ! 1/24th Wow !

Howdy Y"all,

Sorry for the break in progression, woke up a little more than a week ago, and BAMMMM black screen on computer, into shop she goes. Well I got her back yesterday so I'm here now to catch you up.

I decided not to show the engine "In Plane" as I really like the look of the Stuka all decked out with that Yellow nose of StG/77, but since I have spent Soooo much fun time building the engine, I've decided to display it on a period repair stand just out side the whole plane. Since the kit only comes with one each of the radiator and oel (german spelling) cooler. I have since scratchbuilt new ones to go in the body of the cowling. I also include some photos of the Fire wall that I had revamped when I thought of having the engine in plane.

I built the jig for the radiator much as I did the one you'll see for the Oel cooler. It is a piece of balsa wood and a bunch of tack nails. One big difference is with the radiator I used a Hairdryer to heat the large square styrene rod to get it to bend and hold shape. For the mesh I used screen printer screen, being that that is how I make my living I have a BUNCH of it around.

So without further Ado the Photos, Enjoy!

st25.jpg

st26.jpg

st27.jpg

st28.jpg

st31.jpg

st32.jpg

st33.jpg

first the kit part for the Radiator then the rebuild not quite the same but real close,

st5-1.jpg

st29.jpg

Now the oel cooler scratchbuild.

st34.jpg

st35.jpg

st36.jpg

st37.jpg

st38.jpg

st39.jpg

More soon! Thanks For Looking!

James

Well the painting has begun. The colors are RLM 70/71/65.

st40.jpg

st41.jpg

st42.jpg

st43.jpg

st44.jpg

Now onto getting the cowl and landing gear install and weathering, YEEEAAHHH!!!!!

Thanks For Looking

James

Every seen a Stuka have a Tooth Ache? Well have a look below. The things we do to get it just so, or just to hold it all together. i prefer to use fabric for things like this as I have had rubber bands get glued to the plastic and either pull apart what I just glued or leave a piece melted to the frame, so cloth it is for me.

Placing decals tonight so pics soon on that along with the weathering. But here is an update to keep up with the progress.

Enjoy!
st47.jpg
st445.jpgst45.jpg
st46.jpg
st48.jpg
st49.jpg
st50.jpg
st51.jpg

Thanks for looking!
James

Never thought about using strips of fabric. Clever idea.
Looking good mate

Hey Guys, Well I got her all stickered up this afternoon and evening, and a bit "O" weathering, a lot more to go though and I'll be away from working on her this weekend so I though I'd get these up just to keep you in suspense for a bit. Thanks to all again for the comps. on this build it has been a LOT OF FUN so far and more to come!!!!!! Buy the way ALL of the decals on this model were home made using Experts Choice decal paper White and Clear, from Bare Metal Foil and MicroScale set and film. The Ts on the landing gear is hand cut white decal paper as well.

Enjoy!

st52.jpg
st53.jpg
st54.jpg
st55.jpg
st56.jpg

Thanks For Looking see ya next week!

James

One More shot before the weekend. This shows the scale of this thing as the small one is 1/48 as are the Spits.

st57.jpg

Have A Model Weekend,

James

Some really great work on that model, James. Quite inspiring and a little bit (a lot, truthfully) daunting. Good job!

Ok So after a weekend with the Folks I'm back at it!!! Since I Like the yellow nose on the Stuka and I put all that work in the engine, I decided to show both by putting the Jumo 211 on a stand by the Stuka with the Yellow nose. To make this possible I have to Scratchbuild an engine stand, so after looking at a bunch of pics I kinda took from a few of them and came up with one of my own having elements of them. This is what I got so far. The mounts that go on the side of engine are sheet styrene, the I beam is from plastistruct and evergreen products make the rest. The weld beads are modeling putty pushed into corner then back pushed with a pencil. There is a close up of the forklift ports drilled then smoothed, and of the mounts them selves one with supports and one without to show work done as with the welds on stand.

I'm posting this during lunch (Late) so I should have more to post later this week!

Enjoy!

st58.jpg

st59.jpg

st60.jpg

st61.jpg

st62.jpg

st63.jpg

Thanks for looking,

James

Latest posts

Back