Airfix 1/24 typhoon rebuild for a friend

Update for you. Having been reminded that this build had stalled I decided to do a bit more. Think I was putting off having to remove all the paint and varnish from the ailerons, small plastic part's, canopies, and PE.

Well I now have a little tip for everyone of what NOT to do.......don't forget that you have put all of the part's in brush cleaner for an hour, but actually leave them a week.

The PE came out sparkling but the rest is now a blended lump of plastic !!!!!!

Not really sure where I go from here as Airfix don't make the spares any more. I will have to have a bit of a think on this one but also happy for any ideas. Pantherman
A warning to all..... Never leave your parts in brush cleaner, dip and strip several times would be the way to go.

I tried the quick method of just leaving them in until they looked stripped back but forgot to check. Photos of the results . That's canopies and undercarriage. 20231022_140733.jpg20231022_140746.jpg20231022_140845.jpg20231022_140850.jpgPantherman

The part's have arrived so finally got the flaps sorted out.
I think the guns next possibly.
Pantherman

View attachment 109206
Looking like I don't have the cockpit clear, the doors and some of the bomb carrier's that I melted in my cleaning solution. Probably going to have to try my hand at scratch building not sure how to do the canopy. Any suggestions welcome please. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back