Airfix 1/24 typhoon rebuild for a friend

Update for you. Having been reminded that this build had stalled I decided to do a bit more. Think I was putting off having to remove all the paint and varnish from the ailerons, small plastic part's, canopies, and PE.

Well I now have a little tip for everyone of what NOT to do.......don't forget that you have put all of the part's in brush cleaner for an hour, but actually leave them a week.

The PE came out sparkling but the rest is now a blended lump of plastic !!!!!!

Not really sure where I go from here as Airfix don't make the spares any more. I will have to have a bit of a think on this one but also happy for any ideas. Pantherman
A warning to all..... Never leave your parts in brush cleaner, dip and strip several times would be the way to go.

I tried the quick method of just leaving them in until they looked stripped back but forgot to check. Photos of the results . That's canopies and undercarriage. 20231022_140733.jpg20231022_140746.jpg20231022_140845.jpg20231022_140850.jpgPantherman

The part's have arrived so finally got the flaps sorted out.
I think the guns next possibly.
Pantherman

View attachment 109206
Looking like I don't have the cockpit clear, the doors and some of the bomb carrier's that I melted in my cleaning solution. Probably going to have to try my hand at scratch building not sure how to do the canopy. Any suggestions welcome please. Pantherman

Back