1/48 Hasegawa Ju-87 Stuka

mustang1989

I built this one in 2014 and it took me a good 7 months to complete. I used an Aires cockpit update set with a modified Hasegawa flooring to fit right due to the Aires flooring not being the right dimensions , Eduard canopy mask set and Tally Ho decals. I had mixed feelings about the decals as they laid down great but to me they seemed slightly out of scale. I ended up having to splice in a section of the snake from an old set of Cutting Edge decals that I had that were mostly unusable due to their age and where I had them stored. Paint is all Model Master Acrylic. The oil reservoir access opening and the wing mounted machine gun details are out of a Verlinden update set I had tucked away for 15 years and had forgotten about until I started building.

FinishedPicsII004_zpsea5730cd.jpg

FinishedPicsII005_zps50faa5fd.jpg

FinishedPicsII001_zps8325e730.jpg

Ju87StukaFinished002_zpsd3809ab0.jpg

Ju87StukaFinished006_zpsbfbced83.jpg

Ju87StukaFinished007_zpsef8ef326.jpg

FinishedPicsII002_zpsdba67c6e.jpg

a0WvJl.jpg

AhOwff.jpg

I took her to an IPMS show in Austin and she managed to get 2nd place:

001_zpshpzngfxi.jpg

I built this one in 2014 and it took me a good 7 months to complete. I used an Aires cockpit update set with a modified Hasegawa flooring to fit right due to the Aires flooring not being the right dimensions , Eduard canopy mask set and Tally Ho decals. I had mixed feelings about the decals as they laid down great but to me they seemed slightly out of scale. I ended up having to splice in a section of the snake from an old set of Cutting Edge decals that I had that were mostly unusable due to their age and where I had them stored. Paint is all Model Master Acrylic. The oil reservoir access opening and the wing mounted machine gun details are out of a Verlinden update set I had tucked away for 15 years and had forgotten about until I started building.

View attachment 99649

View attachment 99650

View attachment 99651

View attachment 99652

View attachment 99653

View attachment 99654

View attachment 99655

View attachment 99657

View attachment 99658

I took her to an IPMS show in Austin and she managed to get 2nd place:

View attachment 99656
That's some great work, deserving of a prize.
Pantherman

Latest posts

Back