[WoMW] Entries and Group Build Questions

DreamKnight

World of Modern Warfare Group Build

This group build will cover any modern plane, armor/vehicle, and ship used in warfare. Diorama's dipicting some kind of battle are allowed. The subject must have been used during the Korea War (June 25, 1950) and any war afterward up until today.

Schedule
Group Build will start on Saturday Morning August 14th, 2010.
Group Build will finish Now.
Posting topics will be unlocked when the GB starts

Prizes
Entry into raffle for each completed entry (one win per member)
$20 Gift Certificate for spruebrothers.com store (3 will be given away)

GB Rules & Details
* Any scale is permitted
* Finished model may be include as a diorama depicting a scene.
* Single figures isn't allowed but can be used to create a diorama.
* Anything used in the Cold War must have been used during or after 1950
* Build as many kits as you like
* Conversions, aftermarket and scratch building are all permitted
* After market decal sets are allowed
* Kits entered MUST be in un-started condition

Posting Rules
Post any questions about your entry or any questions about the group build in this topic.

If you have any questions pertaining to your subject, please start a topic in the "WoMW Research and References" sub-board this forum.

Entry Post
Reply to this topic of what you will be doing for this group build. You can accompany the reply with a photo of the box of the model.

Work in Progress
Start a new topic in this forum for your "Work in Progress" thread so you can post updates to your build and others can make comments. Your first post must include:

* Box Art Photo’s
* Sprue Photo’s
* Aftermarket Photo’s if used

Reveal Post
When you have completed your build, switch your [WIP] tag of your main topic to [COMPLETED] (e.g. "[COMPLETED] USS Enterprise 1/350")

Above all, HAVE FUN! :) This is a very broad subject which I wanted to have so we can cover more interests for more people. :) The BoB was/is a fun GB we did, this time let's see if we can get more people involved with a broader subject, longer build time and a longer notice (we got a little more than a month to figure out what you wanna do). :)

* Amendments to original post/rules

Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

My Entry for the GB will be the Revell F/A 18-E Super Hornet. I will be using Aftermarket Decals as well as photo etch for the cockpit. I may get more Aftermarket stuff for it but not sure yet. :) Will be finalized when the GB starts.

box.jpg

Interesting, I didnt realize this was coming up. I have an F-14A entered in the ARC Operation Desert Storm GB, starting August 2nd. Not sure if I can wait another 2 weeks to start this one or not. Id liek to partake in this one, I wil decide later on what to build. I have the same kit in the stash DK, oplus I have some Aeromaster decals for for VFA-115 "Screaming Eagles" on board the Lincoln, they flew the first combat sorties ever for the Super Hornet on the opening night of OIF.

ps: Would "Cold War" or "War on Terror" subjects count?

Carsenault said:
Interesting, I didnt realize this was coming up. I have an F-14A entered in the ARC Operation Desert Storm GB, starting August 2nd. Not sure if I can wait another 2 weeks to start this one or not. Id liek to partake in this one, I wil decide later on what to build. I have the same kit in the stash DK, oplus I have some Aeromaster decals for for VFA-115 "Screaming Eagles" on board the Lincoln, they flew the first combat sorties ever for the Super Hornet on the opening night of OIF.

Haha, yeh we've been waiting for the Spring Contest and the BoB GB to wind down before starting new GBs. There is more than a month to decide what ya wanna do and it's a 8 month GB so there's lots of time depending on how fast you build stuff. :)

OOO, the Screaming Eagles! That's cool. My decals will be for the VFA-27 "Royal Maces". Thinking of doing CAG markings for it. That would be neat to do the same model with someone else if you enter that. :)

Carsenault said:
ps: Would "Cold War" or "War on Terror" subjects count?

Yup on the War on Terror. Since the Cold War lasted over a period of lots of conflicts that covers the Korean War and after so let's say yes if it's something used after 1950 (I'll update the rules. I didn't think of that).

Hmmm, that would give me an excuse to build up my Super Hornet. I may do that instead for this GB, and the Tomcat for the ARC DS GB. The decals I have are for the CAG jet also, circa December 2002. I have a few other possibilities as well, Revell 1/48 F-15E 391st TFS OEF, Hasegawa 1/48 F-15A Mass ANG WTC Scrambler, or maybe even some modern armor like a LAV-AT. Well, I do have a while to think about it at least.

Hi,

My entry for the GB will be an Italeri kit. Namely the Chinook HC.1. It is an 1:48 kit and I will use the Eduard interior kit FE421 and the Eduard exterior kit 48601.

chinook.jpg

Steve_L said:
Hi,

My entry for the GB will be an Italeri kit. Namely the Chinook HC.1. It is an 1:48 kit and I will use the Eduard interior kit FE421 and the Eduard exterior kit 48601.

chinook.jpg

WOOT! Glad to see you on board Steve!

Sweet, I havent seen any of those built yet. Looks luiek it comes with Canadian Markings too. I may just have to get one of these.

Here's my entry for this group build, a 1:72 scale Westland Wyvern.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wow, that looks like a great kit! Thats gonna be a cool GB!

Think i may have a go at building a Hind for this as its one of those iconic cold war choppers .a friend at the wargaming club did have 3 really cool ones until the incident involving the boot of of his car a sharp corner and a large metal toolbox ,trust me it wasn't pretty :'(

So i may well build the Hind for him as he is also the bloke who gave me the great deal on all that WWII 1/72 scale armour i picked up .

Amended/added rules:

Prizes
Entry into raffle for each completed entry (one win per member)
$20 Gift Certificate for spruebrothers.com store (3 will be given away)

More prizes will be added to the raffle later :)

Catachan1brainleaf said:
Think i may have a go at building a Hind for this as its one of those iconic cold war choppers .a friend at the wargaming club did have 3 really cool ones until the incident involving the boot of of his car a sharp corner and a large metal toolbox ,trust me it wasn't pretty :'(

So i may well build the Hind for him as he is also the bloke who gave me the great deal on all that WWII 1/72 scale armour i picked up .

Were you the one commenting on the Hind on my YT channel? Cause you got me into wanting to add one to my stash! lol

That would be great entry for this GB :)

Tamiya M1046 Humvee. The Humvee will be constructed as a Marine weapons carrier. Marine humvees differed from the Army humvees with regard to their up armor add ons and a couple of other items.

Question, I won't be able to get my hands on the kit till after the "official" start date. Will that be ok?

Dano1945 said:
Tamiya M1046 Humvee. The Humvee will be constructed as a Marine weapons carrier. Marine humvees differed from the Army humvees with regard to their up armor add ons and a couple of other items.

Question, I won't be able to get my hands on the kit till after the "official" start date. Will that be ok?

Totally fine. :) You can join in after the GB's started. :)

Latest posts

Back