SUBMITTING FINAL ENTRIES

Unfortunately I had some important other projects that kept me from completing my contest builds. But I look forward to seeing everyone else's builds when judging starts.

The form is still live. No worries; we all have different schedules. I plan to get the final entries live for everyone to view tomorrow then a week to review. I'm on vacation next week and will only open the vote when I get back on the 7th.

I did not have the time to end my project in time... :'(

So no entry for me this year...

I know I'm not the only one waiting with anticipation for the voting time (all thou it's not going to be easy). So how are you managing to stay calm??

Biskup said:
I know I'm not the only one waiting with anticipation for the voting time (all thou it's not going to be easy). So how are you managing to stay calm??

Not at all! The suspense is killing me! :D

Scott took a week off for vacation and at the end of the week we had the tail end of a hurricane roll through, the result being 150000 homes and businesses without power. That was Sat-Sun, still about 40000 or so without power, nevermind phone and internet.

Not sure how hard it hit the town where Scott lives, but he may not have access back as of yet, plus there is all the resulting clean up associated with the storm.

Everyone just needs to be patient, while things come back online.

Time for me to chime in.

Storm didn't affect us more than winds and rain - no power outages. I know Millican's area got nailed though.

At this point I'm waiting on a response for help in getting a proper voting script put together. Counting email votes is a huge PITA and I'm working on automating it. If anyone can help I'd totally appreciate that.

Stay tuned - we'll be voting by the weekend one way or another...I'm gonna find ya...I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha. Gotcha.

Well, I'll be honest. I can't help with the coding thing, but I'll happily help count if needed

Same here!

PS.: Good to hear you have come through unscathed!

Thanks guys.

I've got the script from last year. Now I just need to edit the entries and get it online. We'll be voting by the weekend for certain.

Cool as I'm leaving on Saturday morning on vacation. Will bea great that I can cast a vote before I go :)

Biskup said:
Cool as I'm leaving on Saturday morning on vacation. Will bea great that I can cast a vote before I go :)
here here, going to leave this weekend as well...invading Germany to watch some WWII armor live ;D
so would be great to be able to vote today indeed

Cheers

Biskup said:
Let's hope you won't start a war ;)
But seriously make some photos and post them ;)
oh I'll do...looking forward to see the IR equipped Panther, if I'm not mistaken that one is in Koblenz ^^

Cheers

Been trying to get the vote php script to work. Lordsatyr developed it for us last year and I've been working to modify it to work with this years categories and entries.

But it's not working.

I need some php help to make it work. If anyone has the skills I'd really appreciate it...we can't vote until it's working properly.

Hi,
A quick update. I cannot, as of yet, get the voting form to work and therefore the vote will only take place next week.
For those of you leaving on vacation, please email me your top 3 picks for each category and best of show. I'll manually add them into the vote once I get the script working properly.

We'll vote next week one way or another. Sorry for the delay. I simply want to try a bit longer to get the automated part working; makes the tally SO MUCH easier.

Talk again soon.

Yeah Scott it's all about the fun so just keep it cool.
I just bought some wireless internet connection so I should be able to vote and I won't bother yoy with e-mails ;)

Scott

Please contact me ASAP. Im a software programmer i might be able to get things working for you. Wife is away this weekend and i have spare time.

Latest posts

Back