[WoMW] Entries and Group Build Questions

Junkie

Active Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2009
Messages
8,830
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Nice looking kit! Really cool.
 

Jeep

New Member
Joined
May 8, 2010
Messages
401
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

This is a very broad subject for a group build, maybe we can break it down into different theaters?

Anyway I came across IDF in scale There are lots of references on middle east armor and IDF in particular.
 

DreamKnight

New Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Jeep said:
This is a very broad subject for a group build, maybe we can break it down into different theaters?
I wanted to keep this broad (which I kinda wish I haven't) just to cover as much as I can this time around. I'll keep it more narrow next time. :)
 

schweinhund227

New Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
2,511
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

DreamKnight said:
Jeep said:
This is a very broad subject for a group build, maybe we can break it down into different theaters?
I wanted to keep this broad (which I kinda wish I haven't) just to cover as much as I can this time around. I'll keep it more narrow next time. :)
Actualy ! By having a broad timeline, and subject. You will draw in a whole lot more peoples in your GB! Might as well, keeps it fun.

Still have to make up my mind.... I need something I can work on for a full years...
 

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
Joined
May 24, 2009
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

schweinhund227 said:
DreamKnight said:
Jeep said:
This is a very broad subject for a group build, maybe we can break it down into different theaters?
I wanted to keep this broad (which I kinda wish I haven't) just to cover as much as I can this time around. I'll keep it more narrow next time. :)
Actualy ! By having a broad timeline, and subject. You will draw in a whole lot more peoples in your GB! Might as well, keeps it fun.

Still have to make up my mind.... I need something I can work on for a full years...
I agree - I think this will be fun, just because it's got lots of potential to pull in a fair bit of participation and subjects. Can't wait to start on my Wyvern. If I can finish it on time I even have idea #2 lined up and waiting in the wings...In my opinion - less "rules/restrictions" is better - just to keep it fun.
 

DreamKnight

New Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Haha same here. been itching to hit that f-18 being it'll be my first modern jet.
 

DreamKnight

New Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Figures have to be in a diorama. I don't really want to see some painted figure from within the time line and it isn't a "figure painting" contest. That's just cheating. And I didn't mean to put in armament. I meant utility vehicles but I guess that'll fit in under vehicles.

When you say "used during the Korea War (June 25, 1950) and any war afterward up until today" do you mean used in actual combat or simply 'ready for use'? The former would tend to eliminate many post-war German and Japanese subjects, which never saw actual war.
Let's make it simple and say saw some action. Otherwise, people can submit an Egyptian chariot and say that could have been readied for use in the Gulf War. Could have been, never know.
 

DreamKnight

New Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

ARE
YOU
READY
TO
RUMBLE?

Really Soon...​
 

Jeep

New Member
Joined
May 8, 2010
Messages
401
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

NO, the mailman has NOT brought my dose of model building yet so I am going stir crazy waiting.
 

Exarkun77

New Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Come on , man/sir/master DK, you can't write this, talk about it in your vids, and say nothing more...
 

DreamKnight

New Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Haha, ok GB is now open! Go post your WIP thread and turn this mudder out!
 

Carsenault

New Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
845
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Aw man, I still havent decided what to build.
 

DreamKnight

New Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Carsenault said:
Aw man, I still havent decided what to build.

All good, just jump in when you decide :)
 

Afterburner

Gluing my fingers...painting my hand...
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

I'd like to join,but I havn't decided what I'm going to build either.... :p
 

DreamKnight

New Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Afterburner said:
I'd like to join,but I havn't decided what I'm going to build either.... :p
All good! This doesn't end until Sunday Night March 13th, 2011 so your got plenty of time to jump in :)
 

Carsenault

New Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
845
Reaction score
0
Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Carsenault said:
Aw man, I still havent decided what to build.
Ok, My mind is made up now, I just picked one of these up from Scott at Elm City Hobbies... a Trumpeter 1/35 Canadian Forces LAV-III. I just need to decide on which scheme, the all white UN scheme, or the all green standard scheme. (leaning on the standard scheme)

 

Elm City Hobbies

Active Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
2
Hey there Charlie....might make up your mind for you, but the kit has the bolt on extra armor fitted to the kit, and apparently our LAVIIIs, when used on UN missions painted white...didn't have the extra armor attached.

That being said....doesn't mean that it couldn't be from a future peace keeping mission where we do use them with the armor attached and painted in UN white.....I am thinking something like Afghanistan 2015! LOL
 

Latest posts

Top