[WoMW] Entries and Group Build Questions

When you paint/weather those tires make note of the radial pattern on the sidewalls. Modern large wheeled military vehicles have a peculiar pattern caused by the ply construction. So you end up with high and low areas that radiate out like flower petals. I fist noticed this on our M923 5 ton trucks while deployed in Turkey back in 98. Very dusty there. You can see it a bit in your picture below.

Carsenault said:
Just found my own answer, google is great.

LAV-AT_04.jpg

I believe this is the Hammerhead TUA or more precisely the LAV25 Piranha TUA variant of the Hammerhead ! not the current Trumpetter Stryker TUA

stryker-ATGM001b.jpg

or LAV III body !offering ! which one are you referring to ??? it's a little confusing ?

The Canadian Variant uses the Novigian TUA Turret !
lav_iii_tua_031_of_208.jpg

Old Hammerheads were moved from the M113 Body to the Lav25 and later the new Stryker variant with a new telescopic turret... not the scissor lift like on the Hammerhead !

It's hard to keep up with all those !!! Wars paves the way ! to a fat wallet for those weapon merchants.

Jingles said:
Wait, so schweinhund227 is going with the Faun and Svinehunden is going with an Apache... They're not the same person are they? ???

Jingles.

Yep two different PIGDOGS !!!! from either side of the Pond !!! with two different subjects !!!
I'll start my FAUN but first.... I'll be on the look out for that Off Road Conversion set... for the trailer...
if I can't find one !!! I'll go with the German highway one ! I have to luv tires... to do that one ! LOL

Just to clarify.This is what I am building now...

USMC LAV-AT from the first Gulf War, Trumpeter 1/35
TR35372.jpg

Then down the road some time I will build this...

Canadian Forces LAV-III as being used now by Canada now in Afganistan, Trumpeter 1/35

_si_ProductFiles_tsm1519.jpg

schweinhund227 said:
Carsenault said:
Just found my own answer, google is great.

LAV-AT_04.jpg

I believe this is the Hammerhead TUA or more precisely the LAV25 Piranha TUA variant of the Hammerhead ! not the current Trumpetter Stryker TUA

stryker-ATGM001b.jpg

or LAV III body !offering ! which one are you referring to ??? it's a little confusing ?

The Canadian Variant uses the Novigian TUA Turret !
lav_iii_tua_031_of_208.jpg

Old Hammerheads were moved from the M113 Body to the Lav25 and later the new Stryker variant with a new telescopic turret... not the scissor lift like on the Hammerhead !

It's hard to keep up with all those !!! Wars paves the way ! to a fat wallet for those weapon merchants.

Actually the Hammerhead turrets from the M113s weren't moved to the LAVs, same system but one wasn't popped off of one and put on the other, after all M113 TUA was a US Army vehicle, and the LAV TUA is a USMC vehicle....no way in God's green earth that the USMC would accept hand me downs from the army.

Also, the USMC turrets are of newer design, better optics and tracking.

M1134 AT Stryker uses a completely different system designed by General Dynamics Canada and was thought to be what we would put on our own LAVIII TUA vehicles (which there are none left of besides 2-3 prototypes, all have been re-done into ISC vehicles with a RWS MG), but they just took the Norwegian launchers off of our M113TUA, upgraded them and placed them on the LAVIII Chassis. The CDN system is slightly different than the Norwegian system, to the point that the Verlinden kit of the M113TUA conversion is far from accurate for a CDN version. Something I found out the hard way.

Well thank you for all that ! I better not listen to my sources anymore, lol
Verlinden kits looks cool! But sometimes fails to deliver. Sad to hear you had to pay the big price
To find out! I included,

Tanks again for all the good info,

Norm, out.

ok i just started my italery 1:72 UH-1C i have completed the cockpit i did not know about the group build until today as i am new to the herd but it was suggested i enter the build but i have just started it already can i enter it and show where i am on it rite now? if so i will take some pictures and post them ... never mind i just read it must be in unstarted condition hmmmm maybe i will go to the hobbyshop and see what else they have and put the UH-1C on hold looks like we have plenty of time

ozzy59he said:
ok i just started my italery 1:72 UH-1C i have completed the cockpit i did not know about the group build until today as i am new to the herd but it was suggested i enter the build but i have just started it already can i enter it and show where i am on it rite now? if so i will take some pictures and post them ... never mind i just read it must be in unstarted condition hmmmm maybe i will go to the hobbyshop and see what else they have and put the UH-1C on hold looks like we have plenty of time

When did you start it? If you started it after the GB was set to start, go for it. :)

ozzy59he said:
i started it on sept 5th let me see what i need to do to enter it thanks

Oh yeh, go for it. Just read the first post in this thread. The instructions are there. :)

Hello.

Bit late but after seeing SMA on youtube and looking around I thought I'd have a go...
so I got one of these: Tamiya M1025 1/35th scale.

hmvee%20box.jpg

I had an idea for a little scene to put it in, bit of experimenting ahead ... 8)

TiM said:
Hello.

Bit late but after seeing SMA on youtube and looking around I thought I'd have a go...
so I got one of these: Tamiya M1025 1/35th scale.

I had an idea for a little scene to put it in, bit of experimenting ahead ... 8)

Welcome! This is gonna be a fun kit indeed! :)

Everyone still going it looks like. We want to go ahead and extend this for another month or so until the Spring Contest starts?

Latest posts

Back