[WoMW] Entries and Group Build Questions

Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Carsenault said:
Ok, My mind is made up now, I just picked one of these up from Scott at Elm City Hobbies... a Trumpeter 1/35 Canadian Forces LAV-III.

OOO! A LAV! Excellent! :)

Elm City Hobbies said:
Hey there Charlie....might make up your mind for you, but the kit has the bolt on extra armor fitted to the kit, and apparently our LAVIIIs, when used on UN missions painted white...didn't have the extra armor attached.

That being said....doesn't mean that it couldn't be from a future peace keeping mission where we do use them with the armor attached and painted in UN white.....I am thinking something like Afghanistan 2015! LOL

Cool, thanks Scott... overall green it shall be. Im tempted to start the LAV-AT really soon so I can use it as a practice run.

DreamKnight said:
Carsenault said:
Ok, My mind is made up now, I just picked one of these up from Scott at Elm City Hobbies... a Trumpeter 1/35 Canadian Forces LAV-III.

OOO! A LAV! Excellent! :)

Not just any LAV....but the Canadian LAVIII......what you Yanks call a Stryker, as the Stryker was derived from the LAVIII.

Charlie, the LAV-AT might build slightly faster....maybe, seems to have less parts than the LAVIII, as well it is a couple of years older, so there may be some new techniques that Trumpeter is using now on the LAVIII that wasn't used on the LAV-AT....however they should both build relatively similar.

I have the LAV-C2 down....have the AT, regular LAV-25, LAV-R, LAV-AD, M1126 Stryker (in both AFV and Trumpeter guise), M1130 Stryker, LAVIII, and LAVIII TUA (can you tell I like the LAV series?)

Now you see why I have such a hard time choosing!

Elm City Hobbies said:
I have the LAV-C2 down....have the AT, regular LAV-25, LAV-R, LAV-AD, M1126 Stryker (in both AFV and Trumpeter guise), M1130 Stryker, LAVIII, and LAVIII TUA (can you tell I like the LAV series?)

Now you see why I have such a hard time choosing!

Shrug, just do them all and since you're going to do them all anyways, might was well just randomly pick one because, seriously, yer gonna get to it sooner or later. ;)

As my buddy Rob says, 'you bought it to build....so build it!"

I've got the Trumpeter M1126 Stryker in the stash, since so much armor is going on, i might build that too. But after my LUCHS AFV, after the A-36. :)

WOOT! Awesome Sauce! More armor!

I gotta get mine going soon. I got a F-22 Raptor in too. I might do that after the F18

Well, I did start the LAV-AT first, that way, I'll learn from my mistakes before I get to the LAV-III. So far so good, I've got the lower hull completed after just a few hours. One thing I didnt foresee is that the assembly gets going much sooner than aircraft, as there isnt a cockpit to build first before closing up the fuselage.
I may just go ahead and start the upper hull now. Hey Scott, has the LAV-AT been used in any conflicts? I've googled it but I havent really found anything concrete.

Ok... I'm In !

I might regret it but... I've been looking at this bad boy for far too long !
and a one year build window is just what I need to get it done ...

DSC07987_resize.jpg

I'll throw in a Leo 1 or Leo 2 it all depends if I get the Off Road Trailer MOD from Maple Leaf Models.

Hope this bad boy will do ??? for your WOMW GB ?

schweinhund227 said:
I'll throw in a Leo 1 or Leo 2 it all depends if I get the Off Road Trailer MOD from Maple Leaf Models.

Hope this bad boy will do ??? for your WOMW GB ?

So what about the apache? you putting both in?

@schweinhund227: You GOTTA build that!

Anyone know a good technique or vid on how to 'un-shiny' those rubber wheels that come with AFV kits without going resin?

@schweinhund227 - man, an apache is cool, but the transporter AND a leopard well that's epic.

Hey Scott, has the LAV-AT been used in any conflicts? I've googled it but I havent really found anything concrete.

The only theater it would have probably been deployed is Iraq, and early Iraq, like 1991 during the first Gulf War. The USMC probably had them as well when they started GWII, but I think they would have had the updated wheels and tires (more like what you would see on a CDN Coyote or my LAV-C2, will wider tire).

Afghanistan....I don't think they would have any deployed there, as there would be no point, I could be wrong however, but the Taliban don't have too many tanks to use. I know Canada deployed some of the their TOW optics just for the sake of them being superior optics to use to look into the mountains, but they were never deployed with live missiles with the CDN launchers.

Just did some reading, and apparently some LAV-ATs participated in the big tank battle at Kafji during GW1, your kit fits the bill for that.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Just did some reading, and apparently some LAV-ATs participated in the big tank battle at Kafji during GW1, your kit fits the bill for that.

oh yeah, interesting. Would they have had the same tri color camo back then or were they done up in desert camo? I use this as an entry into the DS GB at ARC as well.

The "AT" kit builds up nice, I got fairly deep into the assembly last night, stopping just before the step where we have to start folding pe, I figured it wasnt a good idea to start doing pe at such a late hour.

Yeah, GW1, it would have been NATO 3 color, as it was all pulled from war stocks and such....remember, GW1 was a mere 18months after the fall of the Berlin Wall, and everything was geared to go toe to toe with the Soviet War Machine in Europe, so pretty much everything in GW1 would have been NATO Tri-Tone.

Yeah, I wasnt sure, so I figured I ask. Thanks.

I've entered the LAV-AT in this GB as well as the DS GB at ARC.

Ferris828 said:
Anyone know a good technique or vid on how to 'un-shiny' those rubber wheels that come with AFV kits without going resin?

Paint 'em.

;D

Latest posts

Back