[WIP] Tamiya 1/35 M1025 humvee

And finally, a quick update - I've been on 'holiday' for 2 weeks, moving around seeing family and no computer or internet for this period...

Well after the busiest travel period of the year, including over 8 hours on a boat, several hours driving and a lot of fun in unusually heavy snow...
hmvee%20camo1.jpg

quick picture of my first attempt at masking a camo pattern, and the first coat of brown ;D
I have also started by base - I found some scrap chipboard and a bit of 'edging' which is stuck together ready to build up on, the filler and glue is drying so a picture of that tomorrow. The bit of chipboard is bigger than the small piece of blue foam, so I nabbed some pink foam I had stashed in the loft at home (incase anyone wonders in teh pictures 8) )

Another coat of brown needed for the areas I missed, then I plan to mask up some more and do black-grey.

More masking and a coat of "almost black" done, now I'm taking the masking off to see how poor it is while the camera charges - probably tomorrow for a pic :)

First impression is I'll be tidying up with a paintbrush and maybe trying to add more brown, not too sure about the balance of colours... :-\

Bit later than planned as I forgot to upload the pics :-[

hmvee%20camo%20mask.jpg

I couldn't see where the brown mask was so the pen lines were to help putting the paint in the right place...
I thought I'd refine the edges of the tape in places with liquid mask which you may see as the 'blue halo' in places.

hmvee%20camo%20done.jpg

End result, still got to get the latex mask off which is why the edges look rough, I will probably need to do some tidying up as well :-\

And the other progress from the weekend,

hmvee%20base1.jpg

hmvee%20base2.jpg

hmvee%20base3.jpg

during which I learnt 2 things...

1) Using a hacksaw blade and sharp knife is very time consuming and messy,
2) polystyrene gets everywhere - so you shouldn't do this in your bedroom because it's cold in the garage :eek:

I'd like to get myself a hot wire cutter, the £30-ish now seems like a bargain as the "evidence" of my mischief is now stuck to the inside of the clear vacuum cleaner chamber by static and won't come out :-[

Latest posts

Back