[WIP] Tamiya 1/35 M1025 humvee

TiM

Reaction score
And finally, a quick update - I've been on 'holiday' for 2 weeks, moving around seeing family and no computer or internet for this period...

Well after the busiest travel period of the year, including over 8 hours on a boat, several hours driving and a lot of fun in unusually heavy snow...

quick picture of my first attempt at masking a camo pattern, and the first coat of brown ;D
I have also started by base - I found some scrap chipboard and a bit of 'edging' which is stuck together ready to build up on, the filler and glue is drying so a picture of that tomorrow. The bit of chipboard is bigger than the small piece of blue foam, so I nabbed some pink foam I had stashed in the loft at home (incase anyone wonders in teh pictures 8) )

Another coat of brown needed for the areas I missed, then I plan to mask up some more and do black-grey.

TiM

Reaction score
More masking and a coat of "almost black" done, now I'm taking the masking off to see how poor it is while the camera charges - probably tomorrow for a pic :)

First impression is I'll be tidying up with a paintbrush and maybe trying to add more brown, not too sure about the balance of colours... :-\

TiM

Reaction score
Bit later than planned as I forgot to upload the pics :-[

I couldn't see where the brown mask was so the pen lines were to help putting the paint in the right place...
I thought I'd refine the edges of the tape in places with liquid mask which you may see as the 'blue halo' in places.

End result, still got to get the latex mask off which is why the edges look rough, I will probably need to do some tidying up as well :-\

TiM

Reaction score
And the other progress from the weekend,

during which I learnt 2 things...

1) Using a hacksaw blade and sharp knife is very time consuming and messy,
2) polystyrene gets everywhere - so you shouldn't do this in your bedroom because it's cold in the garage :eek:

I'd like to get myself a hot wire cutter, the £30-ish now seems like a bargain as the "evidence" of my mischief is now stuck to the inside of the clear vacuum cleaner chamber by static and won't come out :-[

Latest posts