[WIP] Tamiya 1/35 M1025 humvee

I have learnt not to poke it with my finger to see if it's dry...

at the moment the photo is just a flat black version of the chassis, I didn't think it would add much to show a picture until I've done the trimmings ;D

Fair Enough !!!! we'll be here !

what's nice with flat black is you can trace your camouflage job with a pencil and follow your lines ... Pencil won't bleed through your paint ! and makes small and intricate camouflage a lot easier to accomplish !

Take care !

Norm

OUT !

Well I'm getting the hang of painting with an airbrush, just waiting for my camera battery to charge up so I get get the latest photos off it ;D

The finger print issue is sorted out ok. On the cabin there are some bits off dust that have stuck in the main basecoat making it a bit rough. I might give it a bit of a sand down and if I go through to the undercoat, guess where some of the cammo pattern will be! ;)

Chassis basic black and started to pick out some details...
hmvee%20chassis%20paint1.jpg

Now having a go with some colour, actually a bit further on now...
hmvee%20paint1.jpg

hmvee%20paint2.jpg

So far it's fun ;D

Looking mighty nice, for starters!

Glad that you have dealth with your apprehension of the dreadful airbrush..... Just remember
To put aside some time for a full AB tear down and clean up..... Proper maintenance help your tool stay
In good shape and your work looking good! If you get it clogged! Don't panic... There are ways around that!

Can't wait to see your next update.... You are on the home stretch!

Later!

Thanks for the encouragement 8)

I have progressed, it's dark and I can't get photos out - but tomorrow I finish work lunchtime so can take some snaps in daylight in the afternoon.

One thing I've found, the needle tends to have paint stick to it and I keep having to take the cap off...
is it worth getting a crown needle cap to help the situation, anyone?

The fact that your needle is gathering paint is normal.... It just mean your mixture is off
A bit, Keep an eye open for that and have a wet Qtip next to you, so you can wipe it off every so often

Play with your mixture but not so much it lends bad results.... And if you tend to leave
Your airbrush "loaded" on the hook while you funnel with your model.... Paint is curing!
Mostly in the nozzle! So it's ok to flush the nozzle with a large burst of air and paint! In a can! So you get rid of drying paint if any!

Bit more of the shading I decided to do.. I stuck it together with blue tac for now so that I get the same colour across the pannels

hmvee%20paint3.jpg

hmvee%20paint4.jpg

I think tomorrow will be the interior and headlight panel :-\

I don't stray over here much, but I like the look of this kit. Keep up the good work, and the comments have helped me out a bit. I am still a noob with the airbrush.

I'm getting a pretty good idea of what settings do what now - I've had an airbrush for a while but not got round to using it so this is my first outing ;D

I find people's comments encouraging and useful, it keeps me from putting it down and also feel like I'm achieving results with the help 8)

I've got a bit further on, my first attempt at masking up for cammo pattern is in progress, and I also got some stuff to make a base ;D

Additions.jpg

The plaster rocks are from one mould sawn in half, a box of Woodland Scenics bags and some blue foam as well as some test size packets of Silfor tufts which are quite neat if a bit expensive...

TiM said:
I've got a bit further on, my first attempt at masking up for cammo pattern is in progress, and I also got some stuff to make a base ;D

The plaster rocks are from one mould sawn in half, a box of Woodland Scenics bags and some blue foam as well as some test size packets of Silfor tufts which are quite neat if a bit expensive...

Nice! Can't wait to see the base

That base is going to look great. :)
Make sure to get some more work in process pictures.

Greetings,

Nice build so far. I am about 1/2 way through mine. I am doing mine in OIF desert colors. I have been an airplane guy for years but started on armour for something different and to practice the different weathering techniques. I still can't get use to the fact that most armour guys put most of the model together before painting. There is no way I can see myself doing that. As a result, I have about a million sub assemblies to work on and it gets a little frustrating. The Tamiya HUMVEE is a great kit. The more I work on it the more I like the subject matter. Keep up the good work.

cbreeze

cbreeze said:
Greetings,

Nice build so far. I am about 1/2 way through mine. I am doing mine in OIF desert colors. I have been an airplane guy for years but started on armour for something different and to practice the different weathering techniques. I still can't get use to the fact that most armour guys put most of the model together before painting. There is no way I can see myself doing that. As a result, I have about a million sub assemblies to work on and it gets a little frustrating. The Tamiya HUMVEE is a great kit. The more I work on it the more I like the subject matter. Keep up the good work.

cbreeze

Hey cbreeze welcome! Build your kits the way it feel right! If it means Sub assy! So be it!
I have this bad habit of building most of my kits before painting as you mentioned! But it works for me
Looking forward to see where you are at on your project! Take care and welcome again!

Norm.

Latest posts

Back