Trumpy Condor

Thanks Norm. I do the exact same thing with regular old red auto putty and nail polish remover. Smooth it over with those triangular makeup sponges. Works really well. I will still need to tack down the wing tops to get them as level as possible. They are bowed. Like the top wing chord is too long. Anyway, I may get a chance to work on it today. I just got back into town last night and I have to go pick up a piano today so.... ??? ??? ???

oh... ? your saying that red bondo and Nail polish Remover isn't too harsh for Styrene...?
... but Smelly !!!! isn't it? I get nose bleeds from the RED bondo ... reason why I don't use it !

Good to know ! thanks !

schweinhund227 said:
oh... ? your saying that red bondo and Nail polish Remover isn't too harsh for Styrene...?
... but Smelly !!!! isn't it? I get nose bleeds from the RED bondo ... reason why I don't use it !

Good to know ! thanks !

Well, I've never tried it on Trumpies soft styrene but it works fine on Eduard and Revell. Not sure if I've tried it on a Tamiya kit either. Hmmm....

It does smell for sure. :eek:

Here are the wing root seams with a bit of styrene stuffed into them. I did use some CA also in a few spots. Next will be putty smoothed with nail polish remover.

IMG_8835-web.jpg

IMG_8838-web.jpg

Well, I'm going to have to hunker down and concentrate on finishing this thing so I'll probably be scarce until reveal time. I'm masking all the glass now and have some seams to finish around the nacelles then it's on on paint!

Well today is hump day for me. The airframe is complete except for the control surfaces. The windows are masked. Today I need to...

• assemble the landing gear
  • paint the fiddly bits
  • finish masking the canopies
  • fill the remaining gaps with CA
  • replace the lost panel lines
and
  • prime it

No problem, right!? ;) :D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1104314673_photobucket_46010_.jpg

The nacelles are primed

The landing gear is mostly complete.
The props are done

Need to add the gondola and the glass. Finish the bombs.

I'm a happy camper.