Trumpy Condor

Cool. At least you'll know all the detail in there, and we will too - great work on this.

hey shutter real nice job on the interior the wash looks great to bad there arent more windows on the big bird. great work. :)

Thanks everyone. i picked up some ProWeld yesterday. I want to be sure this fuselage joint goes right the first time! ;)

A nice little update and for $15 it sounds like that is the solution I would have taken.

Thanks "G" ;D

I got to tell you. I watched your vids on software and am currently using the trial of Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 based on your recommendation. I do like it so far. Thanks for taking the time to do those reviews.

Hi, ShutterAce!
I've somehow missed Your previous update, so that would be most about Your work over the interior.. :)
Man, that is REALLY cool! So many techniques used for weathering and all, such an attention to all those tiny details. Two thumbs up with no more words. ;)

Solander said:
Hi, ShutterAce!
I've somehow missed Your previous update, so that would be most about Your work over the interior.. :)
Man, that is REALLY cool! So many techniques used for weathering and all, such an attention to all those tiny details. Two thumbs up with no more words. ;)

Thank you Sol.

ShutterAce: I thought I recognized that intro. Glad you like it! You are welcome for the reviews. I posted them to save others the trial that I did.

Nice update SA! Sweet deal on the AB and the AB add-ons! Looking forward to seeing your next progress report! ;D

More Corel Video Studio Pro users.... yeah !

Neat prog....

thanks for the Update....

now you can get that Gal all painted up !!!

Sweet deal !

Norm

Out....

Definitely progressing. Some of those seams look down right nasty, though.

John, get this man some Aves, STAT!

Thanks guys!

I do like the Corel software. My trial ends in 3 days and I do plan on purchasing it. Just hoping that waiting until it expires will get me a better price. :p

Yep she's a monster with gaps to match. On the wing roots I think I can get rid of the step by wedging some plastic scrap in the gap. Once that is done I'll finish filling with sprue. That's the plan anyway. I'm a bit old school. i still use automotive glazing putty smoothed with nail polish remover. 8)

IHS,
-Jim

ShutterAce said:
On the wing roots I think I can get rid of the step by wedging some plastic scrap in the gap. Once that is done I'll finish filling with sprue. That's the plan anyway. I'm a bit old school. i still use automotive glazing putty smoothed with nail polish remover. 8)

IHS,
-Jim

Jimbo Jimbo.... Man that's Harsh stuff !!! You like to live dangerously don't you!!! LOL

Lets talk about... Tamiya grey Putty and Tamiya Lacquer thinner.... for a sec.

If you have those on hand...?

Do a quick test... NOT on the model Please !!!! but on your bench...on some scrap plastic... and test it out .... make a small gap you want to fill !!! for testing purpose sake...

Use "Tamiya" Gray Putty ! and "Tamiya" Lacquer Thinner.. not any other brand Lacquer Thinner... hence why the TAMIYA is Quoted !!!

It smooths.... super nice and doesn't harm the styrene.... which is surprising!!! ... but Tamiya knows their stuff!

Use a small rag or Scott towel and put some Tamiya Lacquer Thinner on it and Wipe off the excess PUTTY while its still Curing... NOT wet! but Skinned over.... and Voila ! almost or no sanding required !!!

I hope this will help you ???