TOMAHAWK MBR-04-MK VI

NecronautDrummer said:
Pretty cool, so far! Any plans for modding the cockpit? Or could you even see into it, once it's all put together?

Maybe?? You can show the cockpit open.

Igard said:
Really nice. I like the size of this kit. Will look very impressive when finished.

I know nothing about mechs, but this looks to have a more 'retro' feel to it.

Thanks Igard!!

Ok I have done some more work to the guns. Added a few details missing from the kit parts that are on the box art. Then I have begun to paint the guns starting with a dark color working my way out to a lighter color. Here are some progress pictures.

Terry

DSC06449.jpg

DSC06450.jpg

DSC06451.jpg

DSC06456.jpg

DSC06455.jpg

DSC06454.jpg

;D

lookin good man. nice details and paint work. are you hand painting, spray can, or airbrush?

MrNatural said:
lookin good man. nice details and paint work. are you hand painting, spray can, or airbrush?

I use and airbrush and then dry brush with oil paint.

Thanks

Man talk about a build slipping through you fingers! I need to hit this one hard so this morning went back to work. I added the cockpit, front torso and the torso mounted weapons. I'm thinking about some extra details, but more about that later. So stay tuned. Here are a couple of pictures to get things going again.

Terry 8)

DSC07804.jpg

DSC07805.jpg

8)

Thanks!! Well a little more and the torso is assembled. Little by little and bit by bit. Next will be the painting.

DSC07806.jpg

DSC07807.jpg

DSC07808.jpg

Ok I've done some painting. I base coated the torso Tamiya NATO Brown and then added successive coats and shades of Tamiya NATO Brown and Tamiya Desert Yellow. The final paint shade is Tamiya Deck Tan. After the paint dried I put on a overall oil wash Burnt Sienna.

DSC07809.jpg

DSC07810.jpg

DSC07811.jpg

DSC07812.jpg

DSC07813.jpg

DSC07814.jpg

DSC07815.jpg

DSC07816.jpg

DSC07817.jpg

DSC07818.jpg

DSC07819.jpg

DSC07820.jpg

Here are some pictures of the process and progress. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry 8)

Latest posts

Back