The Dark Knight Bat Pod in 1/25 by Moebius > WIP

MoeBP_headlight_len.jpg
The molded headlight lens detail is cast together with the black plastic of the Munitions Cluster.
They can be painted to the desired effect because it's so small at 3/32" (2 mm).
I couldn't however let this go and decided to drill it out for a clear lens

MoeBP_headlight_lens.jpg
The same 1/16 drill bit was used and then a micro rat tail file cleaned it up to the final cavity shape and size.
I needed dome shaped clear things to represent the headlights.
The lenses I found are casting tabs from the clear parts sprue of the Revell '66 Chevelle Station Wagon kit# 85-2890
They'll be cut and shaped at the dotted lines until they fit the look

Nice work on them guns :) ...it will pay off on the finish ,especially drilling out the barrels .

Chris.

8) Thanks fellas

stance noun \ˈstan(t)s\
a : a way of standing or being placed : posture
b : intellectual or emotional attitude
Synonyms: attitude, carriage, poise, posture, station

While dry fitting some of the parts together I played around with the stance.
This can be adjustable depending on the position that the Rear Wheel Assembly is inserted over the Chassis Assembly peg part.
Instruction Sheet page 4

BP_stance-mid.jpg
prototypical stance

BP_stance-high.jpg
lifted high

BP_stance-low.jpg
down low

"Down low" looks like the rear mechanics are scraping the ground. "Lifted high" works if you use a figure that's sitting up on the bike after coming to a stop.

Thanks for looking in and your comments.

I like the look of it low and scraping but Ziz is right. The 1/1 wouldn't operate in either position based on the foot rest and operations being at impossible angles . . . :p I was just playing around any way ...
Actually, if you sand smooth the accepting peg part on the Chassis Assembly. Then an infinite rotation position possibilities will be available. Good to know for crazy designs later . . . ;)

MoeBP_CO2rez_part.jpg
I don't remember what kit this was from but it's 1/76 - 1/72 and it was in the spare parts box

MoeBP_CO2rez_partL.jpg
This replicates something close to what the prototype CO2 plumbing looks like.
This part is glued to the CO2 Cartridges parts so they can be removed as a separate subassembly for painting

This is the part I was trying to replicate in the last post.
I think it looks close.
These parts are not included in the kit

MoeBP_boxart-CO2-reg.jpg

next: Hand grip controls and the plumbing and area

thanks for looking . . .

The hand grips and control details required a lot of web searching for the prototype in 1/1. It's tiny up there I know and I've seen some builds with cables running from the stock kit box parts and they look fine.
But, I couldn't let this go. I had to try and replicate this to some degree of accuracy because I admire the design of this vehicle so I wanted to make something cool with mine

MoeBP_boxart-sensor.jpg
This sensor thing is not included in the kit so I made one with styrene and stretched sprue

MoeBP_handgrips.jpg
The drilling and most of the work was done before mounting them to the handle bars

MoeBP_handgrips_pos.jpg
The Hand Grips should be glued to the Handle Bars in a position looking more like the front box art image instead of how the I-sheets indicate.
The "brake" and "clutch" levers should point slightly inward and the whole grip part pointed slightly downward.
This will conflict with the shape of the casted parts and their joining points.
This may be the reason why Moebius didn't include a Riding figure because the loose design of the fitting of the; Foot Rests, Knee Rests, Seat, Elbow Pads, Handle Bars, and Hand Grips.
Or maybe the figure is what a lot of model builders with this kit was waiting for before they start their Bat-Pod to fit the Rider in properly

This is what I came up with using various wire, solder, stretched sprue, and reference from the internets...

MoeBP_handcontrolsR.jpg
MoeBP_handcontrolsL.jpg
MoeBP_handcontrolsC.jpg
notice the thumb control buttons included

another I-Sheet error alert:

MoeBP_armguardR_isheet-4A.jpg
When installing the Arm Guard parts (4) and (5), follow the text instructions which are correct and not the illustrated picture

Your handle bars are looking great - really nice work on the detail.

I'm assuming the pink wires will be painted black :)

Quaralane - Thank you. I'm currently wiring the batteries and plumbing the radiator hose then onto painting

Dark Kyp - Thanks for looking in and your comment

Thanks, Scott, I just looked too closely at the prototype and got carried away :)

Nice attention to detail ther ohm ,it all pays off in the end and will lift your build to another level ...great work ;)

Chris.

Thanks, Chris 8)

This one started out as a weekend build to clear my head from another build I'm working on. The way this kit is designed it can actually be a quick tidy weekend project.

Latest posts

Back