How the Flock do you Flock?

Haaselhoff13

Anyone have any good tips on flocking? Last time I tried it half the flocking fell off, then I made the mistake of pushing some in with my fingers and truly ruined it. Do I need to add more glue to the areas I'm flocking? Add more flock?

Not too difficult but you need to work relatively quickly. Use a paint brush to put a coat of slightly thinned white glue on the floor (sometimes best to do in parts - the glue will lose its tackiness pretty quickly). Distribute the flocking - I use a tea-infuser to sprinkle it on - lightly press down with finger. Dump excess flocking and repeat. If you use a flocking pump, you might want some breathing protection.

I've had good luck masking off everything but the area you want carpeted, then spray paint, and while still wet, sprinkle on my embossing powder.
...yeah it's different than flocking, it's microscopic sized balls, almost, looks more scale correct.....to my eyes
Available at most craft stores in a variety of colours.
I'll try to find a pic

It’s easy to do. I immediately lay down flocking while enamel paint is still wet. Sometimes, even thinned down white glue brushed on works. Just sprinkle on, wait a few minutes, then shake excess off.

Latest posts

Back