How come?

Pathfinder

I just discovered a company in the Ukraine named,DNEPRO.

They make FANTASTIC resin cars,trucks,tanks and various other subjects,yet I can’t find 1 article,ANYWHERE discussing these kits.

They focus on the early 40’s,primarily trucks and panel vans.

Extremely detaialed. Engines,drivelines,and even 4X4 versions! I started 1,and ordered 3 others plus a 4X4convertion set to be used on anything.

These kits aren’t too pricey,but worth every penny!

I’ll try and post my progress. It’s late right now,but I’ll get to posting tomorrow.

I never of the brand before, and I wondered when the company started. I went to Scalemates.com, to see what might be posted there. Here are the results of a search there on "dnepro":

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q=Dnepro+Model

The most recent release date I see in those results is 2017, and given the Russian invasion, it's possible that they're no longer in business. Though, there are Ukrainian model companies that managed to continue to operate as the occupation goes on.

I just found the manufacturer's page in Scalemates, https://www.scalemates.com/brands/dnepro-model--2126, and there is a kit listed there, a barrage balloon, with a 2021 release date. Now, Scalemates is a wiki, so the info is as good as what members post there, but I think it's probably likely that they were operating up to 2021, and may still be. I'd have to run some web searches next to see what comes back.

If you haven't yet looked, you might want to look, too, at Hyperscale.com, Cybermodeler.com, and FineScale Modeler, at the new product sections. I'm sure others will know more, or also have suggestions about where to look.

Hope that helps!

OK, that was fast-here's DneproModel's site: https://www.dnepromodel.com/

Yeah, I guess the lack of posts here is just that not many of us have tried their kits. For me, personally, since I build 1/48 aircraft, they don't appear to have any kits, though they have some accessories for 1/48 aircraft. And I paint figures in 54mm, but they only have one, a barbarian. So for the subjects I like, Dnepro wouldn't come up on my radar.

They are in business,but they moved from DNEPRO to Kiev.

I speak with Vlad quite often. I bought the 1940/41 Ford Panel Delivery Van.

I sometimes joke that you add wires,plumbing and all the fluids,it’ll start right up!

Now,of course this is hyperbole. The do a lot of obscure armour,which I know ZERO about,but the vehicles I’ve purchased are INCREDIBLE!

I also purchased the 4X4 conversion set. It’s non specific,so you scratch build it into your 40’s/50’s projects.

They also offer the engines separately. I’ve also purchased the Flathead V-8 and straight 6.

Shipping takes FOREVER,but they do get here. Once the defeat Russia,things will improve.

I buy a lot of my plastic kits from Ukrainian company’s when I can. Off E-Bay.

Priced the way resin is priced. And by the way,in my Panel Van kit,NOT ONE BUBBLE!

I’ll get pics later. I’m busy in my Muzzleloading workshop.

These kits are for the very very experienced modeler.

You have to be diligent in your tool use,and your ability to keep as straight and square as humanly possable.

I’ll be beginning one soon.

I’m still dealing with after effects of radiation and chemo for esophageal cancer.

Was given less than a 1% chance of seeing 6 months.

That was in October of 2019!

I was going along swimmingly in my hobby room. Clearing up my “Shelf of Doom”,when on May 11th,my best friend of 16 years of 24/7 contact,and my nurse through my medicle crap
“Maggs”,passed away. 16lb Poodle mix with an enlarged heart.

She came to get me when she knew it was her time to go be with Jesus. 10:40am. Same time I was born.

I’m almost ready to get back to work.

Almost……….

Sorry for going off topic fella’s.

Latest posts

Back