T34 vs. King Tiger

Glad you understand Scott. We (I) were trying to get it sorted so you don't go and put the wrong tank in the wrong place...then catch flak from others who are a lot more anal (rivet counting) about accuracy, especially if you post it on some of the other sites...or a model show :(

I don't know much about the scifi stuff, unless it's Stargate related, so I couldn't add it to my examples.

What ever you build bro, we'll be watching.

scratchmod

I agree as well.

Too often it seems we as a species (Internetous Modelerousus) are so quick to point the finger and yell "rivet counter!!1!" at the slightest mention of accuracy but there are some cases where it really applies. While it's definatley not very healthy to get too anal about every detail, I also don't want to see Han Solo battling General Grievous on a Republic Cruiser...

Jingles said:
Research is all well and good, but if it takes you away from modeling (or replaces it), what's the point?

Research can actually be just as fun and often times, very educational. It doesn't have to be the evil step child of modeling, I guess it all depend on what one does with that research.

I thoroughly enjoy the time I spend going through all of the black and white photos I've purchased off of ebay over the years, reading through old technical manuals that may have been issued to soldiers in the '40s, leafing through copies of 'after action' reports that may have been typed in a half demolished house in France...

posting on forums can take us away from modeling as well.

;D

Well said Ken.

OK lets get back to the models...I am looking forward to seeing you start at least one of them ;D

scratchmod

HWR MKII said:
Hey did you guys know the Germans LOST the war too ::)

They did?? Oh, no! I though, Hitler dies in cause of old age.... ;D :D ;D :D

My little world collapsed!! :'(

Latest posts

Back