Supermarine Spitfire MK.I

Looking great, I like it. Also getting tips for the duel build. Pantherman
Thank you!
I started looking at markings for decals of that particular plane. Decals would probably be the only aftermarket product I get.
I'll probably use the same model, Supermarine Spitfire MK.I, which I can purchase next week. However, the pink paint I ordered isn't due to arrive until July 5th.
We can start the first week of July?

Last edited:
Thank you!
I started looking at markings for decals of that particular plane. Decals would probably be the only aftermarket product I get.
I'll probably use the same model, Supermarine Spitfire MK.I, which I can purchase next week. However, the pink paint I ordered isn't due to arrive until July 5th.
We can start the first week of July?
Gary, no worries. I'm trying to get the Stug finished so early July sound's good to me.

I also have a few little additions on order for the build. It's hard not to go overboard. Pantherman

Well, I was just about finished, until this happened. As I was gluing the windows down some glue walked up the front window ruining it. :( I tried to salvage it by dropping it into a cup of floor wax... that didn't work. I have an extra window that I will use it it's place.

Attachments

• 20230618_170704.jpg
    20230618_170704.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230618_170713.jpg
    20230618_170713.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230618_170722.jpg
    20230618_170722.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230618_170736.jpg
    20230618_170736.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230618_170806.jpg
    20230618_170806.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230618_170824.jpg
    20230618_170824.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230618_170848.jpg
    20230618_170848.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 11
Gary, no worries. I'm trying to get the Stug finished so early July sound's good to me.

I also have a few little additions on order for the build. It's hard not to go overboard. Pantherman
A few of my "extras" have arrived thanks to my daughter and fathers day.

Attachments

• 20230620_190223.jpg
    20230620_190223.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230620_190301.jpg
    20230620_190301.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 2
A few of my "extras" have arrived thanks to my daughter and fathers day.
Very cool and happy Father's day!
For Father's day we went to a Tex-Orleans restaurant called BB's https://www.bbstexorleans.com/main-menu/
I had the Boudin Flautas, realllly good. Then a huge serving of bread pudding!

I like your extras. I'll see about adding those fellas to keep the build as much of a "twin" as Icam able to.

I decided to add "Devon" to the Spitfire. I know he is a USN pilot but, I tried to make him into an RAF pilot.
He's kind of messy at the moment. I'll be adding highlights and shadows soon.

Attachments

• 20230620_001026.jpg
    20230620_001026.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230620_001040.jpg
    20230620_001040.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230620_001052.jpg
    20230620_001052.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230620_001106.jpg
    20230620_001106.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 5
Very cool and happy Father's day!
For Father's day we went to a a restaurant called BB's https://www.bbstexorleans.com/main-menu/
I had the Boudin Flautas, realllly good. Then a huge serving of bread pudding!

I like your extras. I'll see about adding those fellas to keep the build as much of a "twin" as Icam able to.

I decided to add "Devon" to the Spitfire. I know he is a USN pilot but, I tried to make him into an RAF pilot.
He's kind of messy at the moment. I'll be adding highlights and shadows soon.
Looks like Dev is having a great chat with (has he a name) the pilot. Pantherman

I think I overheard them talking and I heard his name is Stewart. Lol
I think my pilot will be Archie, full title being flying officer Archibald Hedgehopper-Smithe. He's from a long line of Hedgehoppers who served their country over the generations !!

How's that? Pantherman

I think my pilot will be Archie, full title being flying officer Archibald Hedgehopper-Smithe. He's from a long line of Hedgehoppers who served their country over the generations !!

How's that? Pantherman
Love it!

I would like to have a mechanic crew with an assortment of tools. Maybe a few left and right-handed screwdrivers, a cordless hammer, possibly a few left-handed pencils too. Lol

Love it!

I would like to have a mechanic crew with an assortment of tools. Maybe a few left and right-handed screwdrivers, a cordless hammer, possibly a few left-handed pencils too. Lol
Yes, like your thinking.
Possibly a tin of striped paint, several bubbles for levels, a long weight, and my personal favourite....... sparks for the grinding wheel.

Wow, that's taken me back to my day's as a carpenter apprentice. Made me smile . Pantherman

Yes, like your thinking.
Possibly a tin of striped paint, several bubbles for levels, a long weight, and my personal favourite....... sparks for the grinding wheel.

Wow, that's taken me back to my day's as a carpenter apprentice. Made me smile . Pantherman
I don't have any striped paint but I do have a tube of plaid.
Carpentry is so cool! So, how long have you been a carpenter?

I had to recently sell a few tools since I haven't used them in so long; A table saw, a router, bits, and table, a bench grinder with two wheels. Kind of bitter sweet.
Before my divorce from my 2nd wife, I had half of the 2-car garage. I built a 16'x2'½" built-in work table lined with power strips under the table lip and overhead strip lights and a large pegboard for all of the tools and packaged materials and supplies. Everything was always in its place and the table surface was always tidy. I had made pegboard doors for the bottom of the table and had storage underneath.
I was never really that good at building things. The best thing I ever did was completely restore a little chair my mom had as a little girl. The seat split in half and two spindles snapped. I have to toot my horn on that, it was hard to see the repairs. Gorilla glue was my new friend during that 3 month repair. Lol

I don't have any striped paint but I do have a tube of plaid.
Carpentry is so cool! So, how long have you been a carpenter?

I had to recently sell a few tools since I haven't used them in so long; A table saw, a router, bits, and table, a bench grinder with two wheels. Kind of bitter sweet.
Before my divorce from my 2nd wife, I had half of the 2-car garage. I built a 16'x2'½" built-in work table lined with power strips under the table lip and overhead strip lights and a large pegboard for all of the tools and packaged materials and supplies. Everything was always in its place and the table surface was always tidy. I had made pegboard doors for the bottom of the table and had storage underneath.
I was never really that good at building things. The best thing I ever did was completely restore a little chair my mom had as a little girl. The seat split in half and two spindles snapped. I have to toot my horn on that, it was hard to see the repairs. Gorilla glue was my new friend during that 3 month repair. Lol
I completed my apprenticeship as a carpenter/joiner in 1983, worked up the ranks to senior foreman by 88 then left for a few year's doing window fitting and suspended ceilings. Restarted again as a maintenance tech for my local council for 13 year's then my original company asked me to return as manager to run their maintenance side. I had a run in with the boss who wanted me to step down to assistant manager so his "friend " could take over and got fired. I took them to court, won, then quit £££££. I have been the construction manager in a family builders ever since.

Life story completed, I know you're all asleep. Pantherman

I completed my apprenticeship as a carpenter/joiner in 1983, worked up the ranks to senior foreman by 88 then left for a few year's doing window fitting and suspended ceilings. Restarted again as a maintenance tech for my local council for 13 year's then my original company asked me to return as manager to run their maintenance side. I had a run in with the boss who wanted me to step down to assistant manager so his "friend " could take over and got fired. I took them to court, won, then quit £££££. I have been the construction manager in a family builders ever since.

PS, gorilla glue has been a long time friend for me also. Pantherman

So, you have been in this trade for a really long time. Sucks that you had to deal with some nepotism but awesome you won your case!
Thanks for sharing. Glad you found a good place to be and it sounds like you're where you're supposed to be.

Latest posts

Back