STUKA !!!

Hi chaps :)

I got sticking a few bits of plastic together today :)

First up ...Bulkhead ,engine cradle , Radiator & oil cooler .

DSCF1685.jpg

Then onto the cockpit :) So far its went together a dream ,nice fit of parts and very little clean up required ,no flash at all :)
So I started with the sidewalls ,just a few parts to go on them .....

DSCF1687.jpg

Then moved on with the main floor ,seats etc ,not all parts are fixed in place here ,some still need a little clean up ,and some parts will be left of for painting .

DSCF1692.jpg

DSCF1690.jpg

There is still a few more parts to add like the ammo racks & ammo ,the rear bulhead ...etc ,but they will get painted first :)

DSCF1689.jpg

I set a sidewall in place just to get a look ,I think out of the box it makes into a pretty nice office :) ,I will be adding belts once the seats are painted .

DSCF1693.jpg

With a bit of luck I'll get into the spraybooth tomorrow ;D

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Looking good so far, this and the F4-U are my favorite planes of all time, looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks Dan ,Kinda like the F4 U's myself :)

I made up the large center section for the wings ,as you can see there is a couple of heavy spars which take the weight of everything .Although the fit was good I left it in clamps overnight to make sure nothing moved ,This part is crucial for a good fit of the wings and fuselage ,I did test fit the Fuselage and it appears to be a pretty good fit :)

DSCF1697.jpg

Then spent a bit of time in the paintshop getting all the cockpit parts and engine / bulkhead parts painted .This is were the Stuka nearly met its fate !!!! ,There I was happily spraying away ,I'd nearly finished all the parts when all of a sudden without warning my airline decided to blow !! ,yip blew right of the fitting at the AB ....of course ..sods law said that the airline now wiggling about like a snake would head straight for the freshly painted parts ....and it did !!! knocking most of the parts onto the workshop floor .
So after scrabbling about I found all the parts ...quick check ...wait a minute ?? where's the rear gunner seat ??? ...Nooooooooo !! , eventually found it hiding in the dustiest corner ::) , anyhoo ,no damage done ,and all the parts were dry ,so not even any dust stuck to the paint :)

Fuselage sides got a quick blast of black then RLM02 ,you shouldnt see any of this when the cockpit is in ,but just in case ;)

DSCF1696.jpg

Bulkhead ,engine frame and a few other bits ....

DSCF1695.jpg

The the cockpit parts :)

DSCF1694.jpg

Next up ,I'll do the seat belts ,detail painting & washes ,maybe get her closed up then ;D

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Mishaps. I live them everyday. Actually I'm usually the cause. Looking good here Chris, this Stuka is in good hands.

Oooh thats looking rather sensational me `ol mucka.................the `office` is looking the DB`s i have too say, top work bud ;D ;D

Late to the party over here Mr. S...Soz buddy!! :p This is certainly panning out to your usual standards!! Extremely HIGH!! Nice looking details in the office....keep it coming!!! ;)

wow ,go away for five minutes and the gang is in ;D ;D ...nice to see y'all .

Luigi ,thank you my friend ;)

Andrei ,thanks ,the detail is all out of the box ,the only thing Im adding is Belts :)

Adam ,cheers buddy :)

Anthony ...yeah ,mishaps even happen to me sometimes ::) Thanks mate ;)

Jason ,thanks mate :)

Boots me ole mucker ,long time since we seen yer round these parts ,Thanks for dropping in ,and the kind words ;D

T ...thanks bro ,to kind ;D ..no worries ,Im always late ;) ...some months I start to get worried tho' :p ;D ;D ...getting me coat on now ::) ;D

Chris.

.....Pull up a chair lads!....Mr.S is about to go PAINTMASTER on yo a$$ ;D.....looking good Chris.

wow chris this is sweet, gotta go n do some larger scales methinks, lovin the bulkhead cant wait to see the rest :D

Look forward to seeing the cockpit all painted up. This makes me want to work on my 1/32 Bf 110.

One of my all time favorite aircraft, looking forward to seeing you knock it out in your usual way.

I have two tank buster versions in the stash in 1/72. Gotta. Resist. Starting. ;D

Chris ,Thanks mate ...I'll do me best ;) ;D

Martay ,cheers mate ,you should try a big one sometime ;D

Dusky ....wait no longer ;)

Ken ,yip ,a fav of mine too :) Just an awesome looking aircraft ;D

I got the cockpit finished off :) After the paint had dried I started with the detail painting ,I also made up the belts for both seats ,Then done some washes using AK's Winter Grime ,to finish off I added some scratches / chips and a little Earth coloured pigments to the floor where the pilots feet would be , I figured the floor would be dirty seeing as its Winter in Russia :)

DSCF1701.jpg

DSCF1703.jpg

With the cockpit assembled it was time to fit it too the fuselage , The tub fits in nicely with no fit issues at all :)

DSCF1712.jpg

DSCF1711.jpg

I then done another dry fit with the centre section ,I had already checked it without the cockpit fitted ,but just wanted to make sure the cockpit tub wasnt bulging the fuselage ...But its all good :)

DSCF1714.jpg

DSCF1719.jpg

DSCF1715.jpg

Need to get the main wings assembled next ,Then crack on with the airframe :)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Looking smart Chris!! Office looks perfect!! Any tricks for dealing with the fuselage section where it meets up with the weng/fuselage section>? Just curious my friend! ;D

Thanks T ....Not sure what you mean tho ?? do you mean the area where the belly meets the fuse underneath ? ,it looks bad in the pic but there is actually very little gap there ,its the black paint in the joint makes it looks worse :) ...at most some of the joins will need a little correction fluid in them ;)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back