STUKA !!!

Chris S said:
Thanks Jason , She's a biggin alright ;D ;D

Chris.

That's what about 16" wing tip to wing tip? Painting it will be cool, on something that size will it fit in your spray booth, or do you paint it outside? What's winter outside like in Ireland? Tamiya paints?

Jason ;D ...so many questions ;D

Ok , its 505mm across the wingspan ...or Half a metre :eek:

I will paint in my spraybooth which is in my workshop ,I built it myself and is quite large ;)

Winter in Ireland is basically the same as summer in Ireland ...Wet ! ...but its also a bit colder ...well ,much colder actually :(

I will use a mix of Tamiya & Humbrols as per usual ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
Jason ;D ...so many questions ;D

Sorry. Selfish motivation really - Asking you questions, helps to make me a better modeller ;D (well maybe excluding the one about winter in Ireland).

;D ;D ;D No worries mate ,I was just being funny ;)

Chris.

Geegad ,Thanks . Yeah its quite funny working between three scales at one time ;D

Anthony ,cheers mate ;)

Hi chaps :)

Ok .....Big update !!

Starting off with the wings . The forward area of the centre section needs to be painted as some of it will be seen down through the cockpit .There is also the pilots Bomb window to be fitted ,this must also be painted inside & out , then the glass is fitted to the top of it .

DSCF1757.jpg

I found a little mistake in the instructions here ! , in the pic below it tells you to fit the lower glass onto the box ,but this is incorrect .

DSCF1760.jpg

The glass actually gets fitted to the outside of the underside of the aircraft ,so it can be left off for now :)

DSCF1758.jpg

Leaving the wings aside now I got on with the fuselage again :)

I fitted the rear top deck which covers the magazine racks/bin ...

DSCF1754.jpg

Then the IP ,this comes in decal form which isnt bad . I put the decal down over the raised detail on the plastic part to give it a bit of depth ,the decal goes on no problem with a little Micro Sol to settle it :)

DSCF1755.jpg

DSCF1756.jpg

Moving on to the front :) , The engine & Bulkhead were painted up and joined together , I didnt do much here as the whole engine will be covered ,so no point wasting time in there ......

DSCF1762.jpg

DSCF1761.jpg

The front engine covers are then fitted over the top , I must admit Im not keen on the way Trumpeter done this part ,but in saying that it all went together reasonably well .I painted the insides just in case anything showed .

DSCF1759.jpg

Then added the first side .....Note the two panels on top . These have to be put in place from the inside ! Not a great idea !!! What can happen is ,when you put the other side on you need to be careful not to press on those panels ,if you do it will ruin your day as you'll have to take the covers apart again to fix !!!
Anyhoo ...I got them together with no problems ...but Im just warning you ;)

DSCF1764.jpg

DSCF1765.jpg

DSCF1766.jpg

The whole front assembly was then fixed to the fuselage ......

DSCF1767.jpg

DSCF1770.jpg

I was then ready to fix the wings on :) ...which I did ;D

DSCF1772.jpg

DSCF1776.jpg

The tail feathers were fixed on too ,which means the whole basic airframe is together now :)

DSCF1778.jpg

I have to go around the whole thing now sanding and filling (if needed) Then add any other parts I can before paint :)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

big-drooling-smiley-emoticon.gif

No paint yet? What's the delay? Stone Hedge was built faster than this. Chris slow down....take in the nuances of the build. For Gods sake stop and sniff the glue once in a while young man. This looks great.
My clamps are jealous.

Looks fantastic Chris. Such a historical bird too. Looking forward to paint.

another cracking update can't wait to get building a plane and specially looking at you build mucker

DB ,thanks mate ;)

Trevor ... ;D ;D Thanks bro ;)

Anthony , Im very sorry mate I shall try to pick up the pace a bit ;D ,Cheers mate ;)

Scott ,thank you ,I'll try not to keep you waiting too long :)

Geegad ,Thanks very much mush ;D

Rookie ,cheers fella ;)

More up soon .

Chris.

lookin really sweet there C, cant wait to see the paint, the engine detail is bloody tasty too ill mark this thread for future ref, lovin it man historic plane well represented :)

Thanks Martay & John ,I'll have an update in the next day or two on this one ;D .....John ....you know you want too ;D ;D

Chris.

Chris, awesome work dude! I have a 21st Century 1/32 JU-87B/R on it's way to me now. This is my favorite German WWII plane, so I am loving your progress.

Latest posts

Back