So... How big is your stash?

B

Black Sheep 1

Since the topic came up in the additions to stash thread, I thought I'd start a new thread to talk about how big (or out of control) our stashed are.

Mine is totally out of control. :eek:
I have no room to walk around in my living room (I'll post pictures later).
I have to do something about this.... soon!

Anyone else?
;D

Stop buying...... lol who am i kidding :D

Well this is the extent of mine, I have 2 bigger kits in the bedroom, I have more on the way and they aint gonna fit in here :(

in the drawer is all figure and some odds and ends
_MG_3952.jpg

Mine's actually down to around 60 or so unstarted kits. Add to that about five WIPs that I still need to get to, and a couple of dozen minis wanting paint

I lost count of how many I have.
I have some stacked up and some in boxes.

_MG_3490.jpg

_MG_3489.jpg

_MG_3487.jpg

_MG_3486.jpg

_MG_3485.jpg
...and I still have a few more coming!
:eek:

I haven't counted mine in quite some time. One of those things I have been meaning to do so as to get some what of a handle of it, but it is a double edged sword. When you do see that final number, it can be depressing, so sometimes it is better not knowing an exact number, however....I am sure I am approaching 700 kits, if I haven't gone over that already.

I do tend to cull the stash now and then (once a year or so) but getting to the point where I look an can't bear to part with anything. Pathetic I know.

And, if you think 700 is alot....I personally know one guy that has about 1200....and another that has told me he stopped counting about 3yrs ago when he had about 3000......and they were all car kits, and he hasn't stopped buying.

I have no idea how big mine is, part of it is in storage, part of it in boxes. We move on Tuesday.

OMG!
You guys are insane hoarders, luckily in a way i am on a limited budget of money and space and so only have a stash of about 5 kits, most of which i do intend to build soonish.
It must be like christmas every day walking into your man caves!
Good luck with reducing the stashes

Lol my woman saw them pics and said that's F*****g ridicules and said its hoarding :D it is crazy tough you must have over 1000 kits.

I'm happy with my little pile. :)

i'm embarrassed to say i've only got a small collection (about 600) :D, built and unbuilt.

My better half says i'm obsessed with collecting, as my Star Wars collection is very large in comparison.
oh well.... what do I want to buy next ............

Black Sheep, it's like an episode of Hoarders. Time to thin out that stash :) Or get some totes from the hardware store, inventory, pack them inside, number the totes and then Keep the inventory list taped to the Attic door :)

That way you know what you still have by picture and number and quick find by numbered storage totes. Sealing the edges with packign tape or getting all wather totes would prob help too

Spud, I think you should buy your honey her own kit or two. She must be into horses or something.

I have a whopping 5 kits in box, 1 kit 1/4 built, and 1 kit almost completed. Which is OK, as I have plenty of supplies for now. Would love to have more kits, but have a very limited budget. Not to mention, other hobbies that I spend money on. I am happy though, as I have plenty to keep me busy.

-Steven

TBadger said:
Black Sheep, it's like an episode of Hoarders. Time to thin out that stash :) Or get some totes from the hardware store, inventory, pack them inside, number the totes and then Keep the inventory list taped to the Attic door :)

That way you know what you still have by picture and number and quick find by numbered storage totes. Sealing the edges with packign tape or getting all wather totes would prob help too
You know it's really not that bad.
It just looks messy because of the boxes.
But I did get me a storage place to store them so I can have my apartment back.
I just got some large ziptop bags for those kits with boxes falling apart.
I need to go to the office supply place to get some page savers to inventory each box and tape the list to each box.
Then decide what I'm going to keep and what will go on Ebay.

well, always remember to post up here first :) I see a Finemolds Slave I back there I'd love to have ;D

noname said:
Spud, I think you should buy your honey her own kit or two. She must be into horses or something.

lol Matt my one says she has no interest, so I have tried :D

Just accept the facts BS1 You have a problem ! I don't care about the Piles of boxes....as an excuse. Acceptance is the first step in your 10 steps program LOL! all in good humor!

You will end up buried alive like the rest of us, "me included"; I have recently ran out of room in my alloted (storage shelving) You do whatever you want ! but viewed from here, you don't show any sign of slowing down !!! LOL You have kept that other tread "alive" and "kicking" for some time now almost on your own...

When you have more models than your WIFE has Christmas decorations boxes.... (wife or no wife) then you know you have a problem ! Since not everybody have the same Means $$$ Budgeted or Expendable income.... The piles will grow ! and sometimes... the piles are comprised of questionable quality models ??? I can't recall how many times I have sorted thru my piles and Thrown away bad kits.... not even built !!! some were impulsive purchases or just Bad calls ! Just gathering dust !

I have a friend in the Netherlands that stays "WE" North Americans are hoarders by default !!! and we can not buy and then build only ONE kit at the time ! he is "so" right ! I wish I could be that disciplined ! I would be richer !
for one ! anyway.... I wasted enough of your On line Buying time.... LOL

I actually have enough kits to build for a lifetime ! and then some ! so you are not alone !

TBadger said:
well, always remember to post up here first :) I see a Finemolds Slave I back there I'd love to have ;D

Sorry but the Fine Molds stuff are keepers.
I have the whole FM Star Wars set including the big Falcon.
;D

worth a shot :) I've been trying to find a 1/72 Falcon from Finemolds for some time that someone has used.....I want one, but not $300+ level of want

schweinhund227 said:
Just accept the facts BS1 You have a problem ! I don't care about the Piles of boxes....as an excuse. Acceptance is the first step in your 10 steps program LOL! all in good humor!

You will end up buried alive like the rest of us, "me included"; I have recently ran out of room in my alloted (storage shelving) You do whatever you want ! but viewed from here, you don't show any sign of slowing down !!! LOL You have kept that other tread "alive" and "kicking" for some time now almost on your own...

When you have more models than your WIFE has Christmas decorations boxes.... (wife or no wife) then you know you have a problem ! Since not everybody have the same Means $$$ Budgeted or Expendable income.... The piles will grow ! and sometimes... the piles are comprised of questionable quality models ??? I can't recall how many times I have sorted thru my piles and Thrown away bad kits.... not even built !!! some were impulsive purchases or just Bad calls ! Just gathering dust !

I have a friend in the Netherlands that stays "WE" North Americans are hoarders by default !!! and we can not buy and then build only ONE kit at the time ! he is "so" right ! I wish I could be that disciplined ! I would be richer !
for one ! anyway.... I wasted enough of your On line Buying time.... LOL

I actually have enough kits to build for a lifetime ! and then some ! so you are not alone !

Well Norm, I guess my problem is that I don't have a wife (hence no Christmas decorations) to control my "vice".
;D

Hey...at least mine are relatively neatly piled.

Last pics I took were a year ago May, I have since added another shelf (to house the ones that were building up on the floor.

Trucks

IMG_4105-vi.jpg

Autos

IMG_4106-vi.jpg

Autos 2

IMG_4107-vi.jpg

Autos 3

IMG_4108-vi.jpg

Figures, Armor, Autos, Sci-Fi

IMG_4109-vi.jpg

Armor

IMG_4110-vi.jpg

Armor 2

IMG_4111-vi.jpg

Aircraft & Armor

IMG_4112-vi.jpg

Aircraft, Armor, Ships

IMG_4113-vi.jpg

Aftermarket Closet

IMG_4114-vi.jpg

Then there is a box with PE, Decals and metal barrels in it.

Not to mention the paint cabinet.

Latest posts

Back