So... How big is your stash?

I've got so many kits that I need a list, for 15 years now, a file actually, made on a PSION computer (it's an old palm computer, with a real keyboard and all kind of possibilities, text, agenda, etc.)
Since I could transport my information easily (in my pocket) I could verify if I got some kits, and what price I paid for it.
I'm used to buy a lot of model kits on flee markets in France. It's cheap, and even if I found model kits not in MIB condition, I simply don't care, sometimes I need one part, and it's rare that i build a kit "from the box". I'm good at kitbashing and need a lot of parts. I improve my old models too.
I've got a lifetime to use it all... So I kinda slow down the need to buy all the kits, plastic, resin, soft vinyl, I wanted. It's frustrating, a lot of hot stuff is sold lately (moebius kits, pegasus kits, with Galactica, Iron Man, Dragon Slayer, Relic, Galaxy Quest, Bandai with Macross Frontier, Votoms, kotobukiya with Blade Runner, Armored Core...) that I really want to own. And I don't have any money for that, so it's kind of an issue :)

All in all, just to say that i've got 2209 model kits, 1/3 builded, and i'm not referencing the RPG figures, the decal sheets and generic option parts (wave, Kotobukiya). And that's why it's impossible for me to show you my stash, since it's too big, and all packed up in multiple rooms... :)

Here is some picture of my old appartment, 6 years ago, so you can SEE what I mean about my stash.

Black Sheep 1-Well not terribly expensive, but those Maschinen Krieger kits are definitely not cheap and the fine molds stuff isnt too easy on the wallet either plus I paid way too much for my AMT C3PO and R2D2. Hard to find those new at a decent price.

ok, I have only about 10 boxes of unstarted builds, soon will be less since I am selling some of them because I don't feel like building them, ever... ;)

merseajohn said:
What happens when you want to build a kit from the bottom! ???

I buy anothe one ? ;)

Just kidding.
Most of the time the kits are gathered by license, Gundam, Macross, Galaxy Express, Ghost in the shell, Patlabor, Dragonar, Dougram, and so on... It seems messy for most (all ?) people, but for me it's quite simple to know where is what.
And some times, there is boxes in boxes (my russian part maybe ?) to save place.

Now I've got soooo many kits, the problem is more space to build any, and stock the finished ones. That's why I love to participate to local exhibitions... ;D

Latest posts

Back