My testors Clear stash

CY343491

I was looking for testors clearcote and dullcote lacquer (my favorite varnish).Today i've decided to clean up my hoarder room. İ've found 7-8 bottles of them, i used to use it with Hardware store Lacquer thinner, Now i don't want to use that cheapo stuff with my precious clears. I think both turpentine and white spirit will work, which one is better?

Turpentine and white spirit should be used for enamels and artist oils. You shouldn't use it on lacquers. I only use modeling lacquer thinner as I do not know if the strong, hardware store lacquer thinner is too harsh.

I can't say enough good things about Mr Leveling Thinner.

I have used it in lacquers and acrylics. My friends have also used it in Testors enamels. It just works.

I buy it by the liter. haha

I would also like to add that clearcoat technology has come a long ways since Testors. There are superior clearcoats out there that are so easy to use.

Mr Super Clear in spray cans is so good that I use it even though I have an airbrush. That clearcoat in a spray can has a nice pattern. It doesn't spray too much at a time. And it does a very good job of self-leveling. I get very minimal orange peel with that product.

And if you use an airbrush, there are a ton of good options. Tamiya LP Clear, Mr Hobby has a gloss clear in a jar. Or my favorite airbrush clear.... Splash Paints 2k Ultra Gloss Clear.

I exaggerated. The largest bottle of Mr Leveling Thinner is 400ml.

I have 2 of them at all times. So I buy it by the 0.8 liter

No problem, that was an educational post, thanks for considerate attitude. By the way ml. (mililiters) is also a variaton of liters, mili means 1/1000

No problem, that was an educational post, thanks for considerate attitude. By the way ml. (mililiters) is also a variaton of liters, mili means 1/1000
Yes, thats why I said I technically buy it by the 0.8 liter. Because I try to always have 800ml in stock.

Latest posts

Back