SMA MAGAZINE ANNOUNCEMENT

hooterville75 said:
I just shipped the most recent issue of a racing newspaper to a buddy of mine in Dubland, Ireland

Lol if you Shiped it there he wont get it :D Its Dublin.

i went by a bookshop today to have a look at some of the modelling magazines on offer (not having seen whats commonly inside a modelling magazine) and i see what people mean when they say its filled with ads and the like.

i did some thinking over and looked at the previews and decided that an SMA print subscription is a worthy investment to the hobby and ill definitely get one soon (once a few things clear up ;D)! looking forward to issue 1!

after getting a chance to meet some of the minds behind SMA magazine today, I can't wait for issue one!

RVyP9.gif

Ken Abrams said:
Yeah, they didn't use the text we sent either, no worries.

I had a problem with people not getting the text I sent them. I finally got so frustrated I took my business elsewhere. I had to take my business to a better company! ;) Hahaha

Switched!!! Sprint to Verizon..... Hahaha

Just saw it. Great layout and pic's. This looks like it will be one of the better mag's out there. I myself prefer paper rather than E- images and this is a welcomed addition to the hobby. I will be getting the annual. The best of luck with this endevor. ::)

Scott Girvan said:
For digital we are going with PocketMags, initially with support for iPad via a custom SMA Magazine app. Digitally it will also be available, browser based, at pocketmags.com.

This process has just begun, and it takes time for Apple to approve things, but it will happen.

Along with the app and pocketmags, we will also be offering a digital 'flip book' style version, at a reduced price point. I've done testing and it works great in a browser, but on iPad the flipbook isn't perfect...therefore the reason for the app.

I sincerely hope you’ll be offering a standard high-quality PDF-version as well. I like being able to read my magazines without the hassle of having to install custom apps as well as being able to move them seamlessly from my tab to my computer and back as needed.

Latest posts

Back