[SFMTS] Entries and Group Build Questions

Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Here is an old dio somebody built a few years ago,i cant remeber where i first saw it but this is the only pic i could find of it.

@ DK - that's what I'll be using too. The old mpc kit. I have just about every after market resin part that was available for it. The sidewalls, cockpit, gun, gun bay, landing gears, photo etch grills etc....

Go for the trek scene man! Giv'r.

Sorry guys here it is.

http://www.tnthobbies.co.uk/STBOP.jpg

Scott Girvan said:
@ DK - that's what I'll be using too. The old mpc kit. I have just about every after market resin part that was available for it. The sidewalls, cockpit, gun, gun bay, landing gears, photo etch grills etc....

Go for the trek scene man! Giv'r.

Oh Definitely. :) The Falcon is for another day when I need to get in my Star Wars kick in. :) You think those aftermarket stuff is still around?

java said:
Sorry guys here it is.

http://www.tnthobbies.co.uk/STBOP.jpg

There's gotta be a fishing boat around somewhere. Do you know what kind it was? Lots of people here that can help look. Or ask WikiGrendel. lol What scale is the BoP?

This is the site,not much info on scale of parts though

http://www.tnthobbies.co.uk/trek1.htm

I have seen better pics of it a long time ago,i'll have a snoop around,see if i can find them again.

Nope,i know there is other pics of it,i just cant find them. :-\

I got most for FalconKits.com. Not sure if he still does that. The rest came from Triliance. I bought all that resin years ago.

Scott Girvan said:
I got most for FalconKits.com. Not sure if he still does that. The rest came from Triliance. I bought all that resin years ago.

Wow Falconkits.com does some nice resin details. He's still around it looks like. I'll check out trilliance in a bit. :)

Nope,i know there is other pics of it,i just cant find them.

This is a different one but pretty close in comparison
He explains how he built it here
http://employees.csbsju.edu/rsorensen/modelcitizen/workbench/STrek/M04_VH/BoP_AdvBox/kit_data_Adversary.html

The scale is correct between the two ships. As I suspected in the proper scale it's just not an exciting scene. Even doubling the size of the ship it would still be too small. I'll keep it in the back of my mind, but I am going to try to think of something else. Thanks.

AKE said:
The scale is correct between the two ships. As I suspected in the proper scale it's just not an exciting scene. Even doubling the size of the ship it would still be too small. I'll keep it in the back of my mind, but I am going to try to think of something else. Thanks.

You can always throw in two humpback whales and a harpoon falling into the water after hitting the BoP. lol

A whole year to build something.... Hummm

I am very tempted to get on board this GB .... man That's quite the undertaking !!!!

That would probably work !!! if we don't get Side Swiped with another Awesome SMA Contest
in the middle of all this ??? LOL

I hope I get inspired to push it to completion !!!

So comes September we have to Let you know what we will Undertake ??? or should it only be
the Title of the Scene ???

We don't want to give away the Punch Line !!!

anyway !

Should be Fun !

Take care !

Norm.

schweinhund227 said:
So comes September we have to Let you know what we will Undertake ??? or should it only be

Well up to you, you need to at least have a photo of the kit and sprue to submit what you're entering :) rules are in the original post.

I got mine lined up. Should be fun.

DreamKnight said:
schweinhund227 said:
DreamKnight said:
Well up to you, you need to at least have a photo of the kit and sprue to submit what you're entering :) rules are in the original post.

Well DreamKnight pretty hard to show you a Box or Sprue for a ScratchBuilt !!! LOL

I can show you my Jar of Resin and RTV ??? LOL and maybe a picture of what it might look like !!! All in good fun !!! One year hey .... Man... I better get going.... Take care !

schweinhund227 said:
Well DreamKnight pretty hard to show you a Box or Sprue for a ScratchBuilt !!! LOL

Haha, good point. Just describe what you'll be doing. Like "I'm doing a scratch build called..." and give it a working title. :)

If it is a scratch build, just take a picture of a pile of styrene, or whatever you are using, and explain that it will be a scratchbuilt kit and not from a pre-made one.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Ok, I am in the process of doing a small proof of concept..... So far so good!
Thank god I have One year to tweak it!

I will have to enter a snap shot to let people know what this will end up looking like.

Am I glad for the long timeline....! See you guys in sept. When it starts

Jingles said:
So I have the choice of rebuilding it in its entirety (um... no) or just going for an homage.

My question is, is a homage acceptable for this GB?

Jingles.

How do you mean homage?

Latest posts

Back