[SFMTS] Entries and Group Build Questions

DreamKnight

Sci-Fi Movies & TV Scenes

This group build will cover any Sci-Fi scene that was in a Movie or TV show. The complete model(s)/Diorama must depict a scene in a movie or TV show.

Schedule
Group Build will start on Saturday Morning September 4th, 2010.
Group Build will finish on Sunday Night September 4th, 2011.
Posting topics will be unlocked when the GB starts

Prizes
Entry into raffle for each completed entry (one win per member)
$20 Gift Certificate for Starshipmodeler.com store (3 will be given away)

GB Rules & Details
* Finished model/Diorama MUST depict a scene from a movie or TV scene
* Sci-Fi in this case may include Fantasy as long as it was a movie or TV show
* Any scale is permitted
* Conversions, aftermarket and scratch building are all permitted
* After market decal sets are allowed
* Builds entered MUST be in un-started condition.
* You may add more models/materials to your scene after you had declared your initial models/materials as long as they are in an un-started condition.
* Subjects may include Superheroes movies/shows
* Subjects may include Anime movies/shows as long as it falls under "Sci-Fi or Fantasy".

Posting Rules
Post any questions about your entry or any questions about the group build in this topic.

If you have any questions pertaining to your subject, please start a topic in the "Sci-Fi Movies & TV Scenes Research and References" sub-board this forum.

Entry Post
Reply to this topic of what you will be doing for this group build. You can accompany the reply with a photo of the box of the model(s).

Work in Progress
Start a new topic in this forum for your "Work in Progress" thread so you can post updates to your build and others can make comments. Your first post must include:

* Box Art Photo’s of main subject
* Sprue Photo’s of main subject (unless scratch building)
* Aftermarket Photo’s and any other materials you have on hand to make the scene

Reveal Post
When you have completed your build, change your [WIP] tag to [COMPLETED] and follow it with a description of your build (e.g. "[COMPLETED] Star Trek - Invasion of Cardassia ")

Ok this is a big one and something that will take time and creativity to do. It'll be a great challenge for some and probably easy for others! lol But above all, have fun with it. Lots of time to figure out what you want to do and lots of time to get this build completed. I wanted to do an Epic GB so this would be a perfect one to do. :)

* Amendments to original post/rules

Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Grendels said:
Does this mean a new contest? ;D

Oh no, this is just a GB. ;) There IS a new contest soon again. I think Scott's gone Contest crazy! lol Thus why we want to keep it to only two active Official GBs going.

The difference I guess between a GB and Contest is the prizes and the timeline and the "purpose" (Compete and have fun/Build Together and have fun).

I have my entry for this GB in mind, I just have to see if I can do it. LOL Probably going to be a lot of scratch building but it's time to ante up and jump into more scratch building!

Going on for a whole year? I know what I would love to do for this, the question is can I afford the $175 model to pull it off..

Me 2. I have 2 projects that were on the slate that will fit very, very nicely. But a plane and a tank first!

I just picked up three models that would make a great dio, but I do have two or three others that are a priority first. Since this will last for a year, I might join in!!

Grendels said:
I just picked up three models that would make a great dio, but I do have two or three others that are a priority first. Since this will last for a year, I might join in!!

Haha, yup and it doesn't start for another two months too.

That might just give me time to finish up the Enterprise NX. But, just maybe, that thing is taking up a lot of time. I will get back to it this weekend.

Looks like i'll be building another scratch built robot. :D

I want in on this one too... I'm thinking Babylon 5(ish).

Glad it's going to be a year, now I just have to finish up the Herc.

Just out of curiosity, but why an entire year? Personally I'm the type of guy that need short deadlines to get anything done.

So as not to interfere with upcoming contests. We want the GBs to just be fun and interactive, not hardcore competitive. Well the contests aren't really hardcore competitive either - but they're contests.

Personally, I have 2 builds that would qualify for this GB, and I think I'll build em both.

me stoked me have good idea me join group build

AKE said:
Just out of curiosity, but why an entire year? Personally I'm the type of guy that need short deadlines to get anything done.

Pretty much what Scott said. The other thing is that right now, lots of members on here I know have entries in other GBs at other sites as well as we have another GB finishing up and a another GB starting a month before this.

And MOST members I talk to on here have multi-builds on the bench. This GB can also kinda get big if you want to. I know if I can pull it off (if I can get the models for it) then it's definitely going to take a while to do with other things on my bench. I really want to encourage participants to get really creative about this.

The official GB are going to have long time lines. I'm planning also to do and/or encourage members to run Special Interest GBs. No prizes but just something to say, "Hey, group of you wanna do a f14 eagle build? Let's do a weekend build!" Usually consists of very short time line builds (weekend to a week type of thing).

It's just trying to organize it a bit to keep everyone having fun and active but also not to over do it where everyone is so spread out.

When we get more members, I can see more GBs going without spreading everyone too far with the contests.

YES! Finally settled on the subject I'm going to do. Wasn't the first one I had in mind but the first one I couldn't get my hands on enough of the models I needed at the proper scale. I have more luck with the new subject though! :) I purchased 3 of the models I'm going to use just to check on the scale. I might have to purchase more over the span of the GB depending on how big the diorama will be. I'll know more for sure when the models some in. :)

More later when I get more of my plan down. :)

Hmm, I'm in. I already have the scene in mind. Can't wait.

Just gonna throw this out there as I plan to get in this too. My scene will either be Iron Man shooting the tank or Docking Bay 94 from Ep IV.

Scott Girvan said:
Just gonna throw this out there as I plan to get in this too. My scene will either be Iron Man shooting the tank or Docking Bay 94 from Ep IV.

Oh dude! Both is going to be wicked! :)

How about; Ironman shooting an Imperial Tank in Docking Bay 94...(with optional explosion)

Ok - well maybe not

Latest posts

Back