[SFMTS] Entries and Group Build Questions

Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

I think he means that since the Dagobah kit is inaccurate it is an homage to the scene. It's still the scene though.

Re: Entries and Group Build Questions

Scott Girvan said:
I think he means that since the Dagobah kit is inaccurate it is an homage to the scene. It's still the scene though.

Oh if that's they case, yeh. I mean it still represents a scene. I mean be reasonable right? :) Don't like enter "The Siege of Osgiliath" and then have two Carebears staring down Wizard No Heart flying in space.

[SciFi Scene GB] ROTJ Endor Bunker Scout 'O' Group !

Ok I picked my Subject !!!

I'm going to do a Small Vignette ! Hopeful I haven't Bit more than I can Chew !

vlcsnap-2010-08-08-11h40m15s72.png

Obviously there are no Kits for that ! so.. I'll use Smooth On Resin !!! and plenty of OOmOO-30 RTV silicon....

I might throw in a Hovering Speeder bike in the foreground ! but I will concentrate on the 4 Scouts
I'll be using my New Helmet.... and I am working on a Proof of concept for a standing Scout !

Not easy ! but I have a whole year to get that on the Go !
See you all in September for some updates...

Ok' as everyone are making eveng teasers fore the upcomming let me introduce mine properly to, guys :)
Here we go with all the stuff I was talking about last time in this topic and finally managed to get
First is a FineMolds 1/48 Snowspeeder itself (dont think its necessary to say: FM are great as allways with their kits - really enjoing its look eveng unbuilt on the trees )))

And here is the most fun part: some materials for the diorama and small details

They include the following kits:
- 1/48 RAF Pilots and Ground Personnel by ICM
- 1/72 Aircraft Bleriot XI by Eastern Express
- 1/35 V-2 Engine and Transmission Set for a T-34 Tank by MSD
and finally a small set of two barrels and four canisters in 1/48 scale by MasSHTAB
Still searching for proper fiber-optics and maybe something to make a "walking-battery" gonk droid of.

Thinking of making some artworks of what I imagine it would be. If my painting skills don't mess everythin - you'll see them ;)

Very interesting combination of kits. I have no idea how you'd marry this together...very interesting.

Scott Girvan said:
Very interesting combination of kits. I have no idea how you'd marry this together...very interesting.
Well, Scott, I really hope that all that marryage work will go as planned to ;D
What I think is excellent in SW dioramas (and all Star Wars props as a hole) is that as they were built from the things common in our world (lightsabers hilts from photo-flashes, little redisigned old weapons, I'm eveng using an old computer mouse holder similar to the one redisigned in a naboo engeneer's datapad in Ep1). So with some creative You can make every single weapon crate from WWII look extremely StarWars-ish =)
P.S.: Watching Your video of building a taken down AT-AT right now for the tip of making snow.

Hi all!

I think I might enter this if it's not to late...

I'm thinking a scene from "Return of the king - Lord of the Rings", as I love the films, the saga, miniatures and diorama making. Is that a valid entry?

/Markus

ministuff said:
Hi all!

I'm thinking a scene from "Return of the king - Lord of the Rings", as I love the films, the saga, miniatures and diorama making. Is that a valid entry?

/Markus

It's not too late. Hasn't even started yet! :) And yes, Valid as long as it's a scene depicting a scene from the movie. :)

DreamKnight said:
ministuff said:
Hi all!

/Markus

It's not too late. Hasn't even started yet! :) And yes, Valid as long as it's a scene depicting a scene from the movie. :)

Well then alright, I'm in! :D

Do I post here which scene?

Latest posts

Back