Scratchy's Fine Molds 1/144 Millennium Falcon

Here's some delayed pics of the 144 Falcon build. I detailed the bottom and added and moved some details. I sliced off the "A Frame" molded details that are on the centre engine flap and glued them back to the proper spot. I also added some round pieces and drilled a couple holes in the center box.

The missing flaps are added and a whole bunch of other stuff..... here's some pics.

IMG_9232.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg

I also added some strip styrene that was fashioned into a "U" and added them to the top half, just above the lower centre engine vent.
IMG_9235.jpg

Since this build will find it's place in a Echo Base diorama, I needed some landing gear flaps scratched up, here's the pics of the back flaps.
IMG_9284.jpg

IMG_9286.jpg

Here they are just set in place, I still need to build the "Arms".
IMG_9293.jpg

IMG_9295.jpg

Well, that's the work so far. I'll get busy on the other three flaps. Thanks for following along.

That is really cool great detail I just love the Falcon I can't wait to see how you do the paint job on her.

Hey Scratchy.
Each time I'm looking at this build I find it hard to beleive that it's a 1/144 scale...
Stunning! :eek:

Jurasikfrank said:
Hey Scratchy.
Each time I'm looking at this build I find it hard to beleive that it's a 1/144 scale...
Took the words right out of my mouth

merseajohn said:
Crazy, those flaps look sick.

Thanks Merseajohn

Jaitea said:
Beautiful detailing there Scratchy.......I can't wait to see her painted

J

Yeah me too, I think that will be the most work for the build. Thanks for the kind words Jaitea.

peza said:
eh up buddy,wow i never thought of doin it that way,if only!!!cheers peza

Thank you Peza. All I did was follow the reference images that I have. The inside of the flaps where scratched by my own creative eye, but I think it'll do.

arohk said:
That is really cool great detail I just love the Falcon I can't wait to see how you do the paint job on her.

It'll be sometime before I even get to firing up the airbrush. I still have a ton of work that has to be done, not to mention the lighting too.

Jurasikfrank said:
Hey Scratchy.

I think it's the photography, those close up shots can be deceiving.

Quaralane said:
Jurasikfrank said:
Hey Scratchy.
Took the words right out of my mouth

These little kits have a lot of potential for such a small scale.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and I'm happy to hear that you're still enjoying my build after all this time.

scratchy

The flaps are done, I still need to add a couple of pistons on the bi-fold doors, and hinges on all of them to hold them in place to the compartments.

IMG_9316.jpg

IMG_9324.jpg

The flaps where made with layered .005" styrene, and I added some .010" bits in some areas for added thickness. I utilized some .20" styrene rod for the bi-fold hinge.

Jaitea said:
Looks AMAZING!!!

So whats next?.....Lights?

J

I still have a lot of work to do before the lighting gets applied. Once the gear flaps are completed, I'll either tackle the docking hatches or start on the side walls.

..... or maybe I'll work on the landing gear......

I started working on the landing gear. I cut out the molded cylinders/struts and replaced them with some scratched ones. I replaced the stock baffles with some photo etch baffles, I added some styrene to the bottom column and a hose in the front. I added this hose because the live action footage has it show on the landing gear, it's not there on the 32"MF.

IMG_9365.jpg
IMG_9363.jpg
IMG_9359.jpg
IMG_9357.jpg

scratchy

Thanks for the compliments guys! Yeah, the baffles are tiny, I had some pieces of blue two sided tape on the PE, I thought it would be a smart idea to take a flame and burn the tape off. Who knew that dry CA is flammable. Cool little fireball though!

Latest posts

Back