Scratchy's Fine Molds 1/144 Millennium Falcon

I just checked those pages out and WOW they really lend credence to why one would want to learn mold making. Seriously that just opens up all new doors to nearly endless possibilities. Outstanding.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Here's the engine grill weathered to resemble discoloration, and rust from extreme heat. I sprayed the grill with a dark grey. Then I used the hairspray and rock salt technique and sprayed the base coat on.
Then I weathered the entire piece with Vallejo Pigments and I sprayed some Grumbacher matte fixative to seal the pigments to the surface. I then touched up the ends with the same base coat so that the ends blend in with the two sides.

enginegrill_zps6b0854f4.jpg

eh up taytatat looks mint mym8,i only wish i could have a fraction of your skill!!!top job mym8 cheers peza

Thanks for the kind words Quaralane and Peza!

I have the majority of the parts together. I need to clean up a little light pollution, but all in all, I'm happy with the progress so far.

falcon_zps3893514f.jpg

Holy cow bud, that is so small and so detailed all at the same time! Great job!

oh mate,this is like christmas eve!
its so close it`s only a blink away!loving this build and ya work ace
cheers.....peza :eek:

Love the bacon work on the engine grills. I need to keep that in mind. I always learn something new when I check out your work.

Thanks Glorfindel. I've learned a lot from looking at the work of yours and others.

Glorfindel said:
Love the bacon work on the engine grills. I need to keep that in mind. I always learn something new when I check out your work.

So I don't understand the reference, "bacon work". What does it mean? ::)

Latest posts

Back