Scott's Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

One two, Freddy's coming for you...

;D

Dude, you always amaze me with your choices. Just when I think I've seen it all, you decide to sculpt your own figures.

Cool!

I tend to be a bit like a fart in the wind - never really know where it's gonna end up.

I was looking at buying some of those M.A.S.K. figures and reworking them for this but then I thought why not try to make my own. After watching the latest sleepylafiel vid on YT, and learning how that modeler sculpts I thought - I can do this. Not to perfection the first 200 times, but I can do it.

And so I go.

I think you could use the above figure head. Kinda looks like someone who has been through some sort of hell and back. Kinda mean looking.

Thanks - I'll finish him up later this evening and then bake it. I won't throw it away but gonna stick to my one face a day plan.

Been googling post apocalyptic characters. Lots of ideas. I don't want to go into the road warrior copy, or death race copy, but still something sci-fi and cool.

postfig.jpg

I kinda like the feel of The Book of Eli and The Road - something believable to a degree.

you are leaving your comfort zone Scott !!! and it will be Amazing.... You always pull a Rabbit out of your Hat ! < to keep it PG13 >

I can't wait for (all this to culminate) in your VISION of things ! Great to see your progress on this !

interesting !!!! very interesting !

It's your story, have fun with it. I personally dig that guy/gal with the mask in the lower left corner.

Scott, I wish you good luck on this. I've wanted to try figure sculpting, but I usually beg off.

Just thought I'd post of pic showing the scale. I'm a bit bigger than 1/25 but I'll make the next one a tad smaller. Not too bad for testing/learning.

Here's some shots with a 1/25 car and my big stupid thumb.

2343.jpg

I appreciate you for being a part of SMA -

Yeah, he'll be like a big lumber jack / biker dood. Or something!

Thanks guys - this is fun and you should give it a try! Google - planes of the face for help with proportions and stuff. Lots to learn - I'll try another tomorrow.

heads.jpg

That is just great!! For just staring out with sculpting, you are learning quickly.

Yeah he is just a big dood. I would use him.

One way to keep your heads consistent is to make a master with basic features and cast it in resin.You can carve resin to create different features in the base head and then add details eyes, nose etc.Make two or three base masters and the characters you can make would be endless.

Remember if you use any sculpy or other heat cured clays don't use resin parts together as it will melt when you go to bake them If you make your main body from heat cured clays leave off the bits that are resin and detail and add things like the head and so on last.

The two part epoxy putty from Tamiya is a very good for doing fine detail work can be smoothed with water and use a little talic on your sculpting tools and they won't stick to the epoxy.The putty dries to a light honey colour and resembles tan resin.You don't need a lot and it goes a long way.

Really cool work Scott,you should when the contest is over sculpt some different scale heads and see if anyone would be interested in buying them. 8)

Thanks guys. Once I get more experience gonna try 1/35 and 1/20 as well. We'll see where it goes.

XXXNITRO - Thanks for the tips. Makes sense. What about Kneadatite too? Is that worth buying?

I have Aves and thought I might try that out for the next one.

Scott Girvan said:
Yeah, he'll be like a big lumber jack / biker dood. Or something!

Thanks guys - this is fun and you should give it a try! Google - planes of the face for help with proportions and stuff. Lots to learn - I'll try another tomorrow.

heads.jpg

lol, lumber jack XD

i cut lots of wood with my grandfother, well, thats not a lumber jack thats a wood cutter, but same thing basically, difference is we sell the wood for fire wood, they sell the wood for lumber. and yes... we sell lumber quality wood all the time. Cherry for exampe, we have sold that, its a good firewood. its a dangerous job but fun, and it keeps you fit!

cant wait to see your lumberjack car driver XD

Latest posts

Back