Scott's Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Just a quick redundant post to say I have zero mojo 2nite - can hardly keep my eyes open let alone try to sculpt. Well I did try...but after 10 minutes of pure frustration ~ I'll try in the morning B4 work.

Great builds happening all around the contest board and beyond. So awesome. This is aglobal WOW to everyone! Keep up the great work y'all!

Ah the famous green stuff (kneadatite) is a very good sculpting material your working time is 1-2 hours and full cure in 24 hours.This putty holds it shape well and very fine details.If I'm not mistaken the more blue you add the faster it dries.It also may be smoothed with water and some use white spirits.I have used it and do like it but I can see you experimenting with different types you will find the one you like best to work with and they all have a place depending on the job at hand.

Another tip would be bulk out your figure with milliput standard and use the costly puttys for detail work.

Looking foreword to more progress reports and pictures............ya know I thought of a project like this once its all those figures....... ya gotta love it................insanity is good it makes you sane.

COol -

Yeah tonight I tried using ProCreate 2 part epoxy. Didn't have a feel for it at all - so very different from sculpey. I don't have any illusion that I got this down - of course not - I do realize that different materials will require different techniques.

Gonna go back to sculpey in the morning and keep trying to find a face in the ball of clay. Looks to me like alot of contest entries are challenging the builders and 'expanding their tent'. I like that.

So tried another this morning. Still too large but it's just practice. The key goal this morning was to attempt a face that wasn't really thin old and sickly looking - Some meat on his bones. Ends up looking like a fisherman or something.

Crap photos from webcam.
2350.jpg

Such vanity! LOL.

Well if I'm honest I did start by trying to sculpt myself - I think it would be fun to ride in a post apoc car - not a vanity thing...I don't love my face like that. LOL.

Closer to a 1/20 scale head - maybe I'll appear in a Ma.K. someday. LOL. nuts.

Once you get the hang of sculpting figures (btw way, they look good to me, far better than I could do!), and figure out the castings....I will gladly sell the figures in the shop here! LOL Gotta have a dream right?

It's Scott,it's Scott Girvan and his mad max gang.

Take cover!,the orange tuques are coming. ;)

Latest posts

Back