Scott's Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

A few more pieces of the build arrived. Man, I've bitten off more than I can chew...again. LOL.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Not sure. They were only $2 a pack so I got 3 of em. They are a bit smaller than I thought but I should be able to make a couple cool guns outta them - over a few builds.

I know, I know......time eh?

I am actually starting on the Firebird tonight. One all important question first:

Obviously this is gonna be really weathered. (ok that was a statement) - Should I strip the chrome parts? They are way too shiny IMO and I think I can get a better effect by rusting then hairspray some Alclad or similar over and chip off the chrome.

Should have some pics later...

Scott, that's one of the things I have been trying to figuring how best to do it. You can go and do chipping with enamels " think old school". The HS and salt techs won't work. Try using masking fluid and a scouring pad to form the chipped areas. Strip the chrome, prime, rust base coat with acrylics or enamels. Then use the mask ing fluid the way you use the sponge painting tech. These will then be your rust chips. Then spray the chrome color. Once dry, I would spray a clear satin coat if the chrome Alclad paint is too shiny. Then all you have to do is use a toothpick to remove the masking fluid. Once this is removed then you can work the rust and streaks.
Email me if you have more questions bro, I'm more than willing to help out if I can.

Cheers
Rob

www.scratchmod.com

Well I don't have much to show but I have something. Removed some chrome and taped the next show.

[attachment deleted by admin]

It is something Scott!!! Looking forward to seeing the mini-guns goin' on! You got me googling "mini-gun" phases...found a nice triple set up when I typed quad mini guns.

Sweet! Can't imagine paint balling it up and having some dude whip one of those out!! :-X What's next, a Phalanx?

No Doubt, Airsoft or not. That's gotta leave a mark if someone whips out one of those Puppies !!

Rock-On Scott !!! Pix Pix Pix ... This sounds Hot Boi !!

Java - Awesome picture !! Rock- On !!! \m/_\m/ - Twin Metal salute, Too much metal for one hand !!

Like- I'm talkin about pix. I need to post some of th Elephant & that Shinden Mech warrior ....

SCOTT- You haven't biten off too much. That's right in th Lap of Luxury !!! Rock it Brotha' !!

LOL - Erik dood. You always make me chuckle man. - Too much metal for one hand !! - .

Monster truck showed up today - it was an open box ebay buy and is missing a few parts - mainly the seats, but I have some from another kit I can use.

Kinda neat though, big tires and all. Pics soon.

this is going to be sweet ! I wanted to do a post apocalyptic build with my half built bigfoot truck.
problem was ..it was half built ! I'm really looking forward to all the builds in this category

Back