Scott's Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Eastrock said:
sweeeet!!!! how much did the Big foot cost, scott? I also found a Quad Cannon but I'm unable to find something to mount it on...

Got the Bronco on ebay from a guy in Ontario. Total with shipping was just under $20. It is open box - and the engine has been glued together. I'll soak it in chemicals to release glue and start again.

It too has lots of cool options to make for a big freaking mean truck.

Now to find some figures and guns.

.50 caliber? Not sure really - sumthin like that.

John - thanks - I agree. It just looks the part better. Love to own a real one.

Scott Girvan said:
.50 caliber? Not sure really - sumthin like that.

John - thanks - I agree. It just looks the part better. Love to own a real one.

Those guns? No, those are no .50cal....just slightly larger, twin 20mm cannons, they will knock some big holes in the target!!

Scott Girvan said:
OK - this is so cool. I don't post here for a day and the thread gets bumped 1/2 way down the 2nd page.

Thank you everyone for getting INTO this contest! So much fun!

So I have a cool gun on the way - and it's 1/25:

gk13.jpg

Also ordered some gatling gun components from HLJ. Should be cool.

Couple of eBay auctions pending today...then I have to stop spending and start building.

OOH!! i see what you guys are talking about, those are not .50 cals at all, those like Hispano Suzi 20MM cannons, i think they are AN/M2 Models! yes... they will punch some holes in the target for sure! i didnt know you already had some guns chosen! thats why i said .50 cal! but 20mm may be the better choice XD

Scott Girvan said:
This will be on the Pete or the Bronco - prob the Pete.

it would probably make more sense to put them on the Pete, there probably going to be big, the Hispano Suzi was a good sized gun, when equipped in fighters, the barrel would protrude a good distance out the wings, when a Concept mustang was equipped with four of them, the barrels protruded out the wings a good foot or two, while the .50 Caliber machine guns barrels easily stayed concealed inside of its wings, the .50 cal is big in itself, and would easily take a lot of space on a car hood if mounted on a car hood, i could imagine the 20mm...

So I better start on some of this right?

As I wait for ebay kits and some guilt free model building time I'm setting out on trying to sculpt 1:25 figures. Here's attempt one - about an two hours I guess to get to here:

Copper wire armature, basic shape with sculpy and then one layer of procreate. Obviously this isn't finished, but done for the evening.

Gonna take lots of practice.

figgy.JPG

Gun from Rosco's 'Duke Boys' cop car.

Thanks - gonna try to sculpt one face/evening this week. At this scale I think I can at least get a decent 'Jason' mask. -

I could always just say that the air is now poisoned and they all have to wear a mask - too easy.

23210j0j032i02i121333.jpg

Good start there Scott ,looking forward to the figures :),well looking forward to all of it really ;D,nice choice on the Firebird too !!

Chris.

Thanks. That firebird is one sweet car - love to drive one.

Day 2 in the 7 days of figgies:

front.JPG

side.JPG

Still lots to learn. Just used sculpty for this - don't want to waste the expensive 2 part epoxy on tests - once I get a feel for proportions I'll start using aves.

Worked on this a bit more last night. I need to get out the optivisor -amazing how different it looks to the naked eye compared to a camera lens -

Freddy Krueger?

0203.jpg

0204.jpg

Latest posts

Back