Scott's Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Yes DXM is correct, ma.k kits are 1/20 scale.
A very small amount are 1/35.

1:25 figures are tricky to find. Close AKE - you got me excited there for a second.

On another note: can anyone recommend a real 'badass' car for this? My Daytona just isn't doing it for me -

Also - any other sources for 1:25 motorbikes? I've been eBaying for 2 days now and not much of anything?

I'm needy, I know X(

Most bikes seem to wind up in the 1/12 category.

As to the car, Scott, how about something beefy like a Mustang?

Scott Girvan said:
1:25 figures are tricky to find. Close AKE - you got me excited there for a second.

On another note: can anyone recommend a real 'badass' car for this? My Daytona just isn't doing it for me -

Also - any other sources for 1:25 motorbikes? I've been eBaying for 2 days now and not much of anything?

I'm needy, I know X(

For 1/25 Scale figures have done some research and G scale for model trains are close ... but I have had a hard time finding anything that looked good. Also have looked into the 1/25 scale motorcycles ... have seen a couple in some old kits that where dirt bikes on trailers. I have been tossing around the idea of scratch building a chopper one and makeing a resin kit out of it since there are none ... would love to put one in the back of a pickup truck

Scott Girvan said:

I'm needy, I know X(

I would pick out any 70's muscle car, like a NOVA, or something similar. (I picked the NOVA because it is being sold now and it is cheap.) It should be big and beefy, and have a large engine so you can believe that it will move.

As for figures. for last years contest I picked up some on ebay, (I didn't use them) I did a search for 1/24 figure on Ebay and found quite a few. Although none of them are really what you want, but with the skills you have you should be able to mod them to your purpose. Also search for jimmy flintstone, you might find what you want there. Also don't be afraid to look at train figures. There is a very wide variety of them out there, and ScarredKustoms is correct, G scale is close enough.

I know a company called PREISER
They make various scales of figures for the railroaders
http://www.rocousa.com/preiser.asp

G Scale Listing
http://www.micromacromundo.com/preiser.asp?scatlist=187

Maybe something like this
http://www.micromacromundo.com/preiser-45092-punks.asp?cat=187
or
http://www.micromacromundo.com/preiser-44902-women.asp?cat=187 ;D

ScarredKustoms is correct that you would be looking for G Scale ( 1:22.5 ) :p
They also make nakeds ....basic nude figures that you can resculpt/reposition and add clothing.

Thanks everyone! I did find 1 1:25 chopper on eBay - about $24 by the time it gets here.

Like the sound of a big Nova or Mustang too - i think that would look alot stronger than the daytona - it's a bit too sleek. We'll see.

Also thanks for the figure links - time to click!

You know Scott, that Daytona would look alot more bad ass without the nose and wing. You could cut off the nose ( may be a seperate piece anyway ) and put some metal plates or/and push bar.

Good point. I think I'll have to try that and save a few bucks. Always buying kits get's expensive and I really need a trailer for the Peterbilt.

Looked last night for a Van on eBay. I'd love to have a van in this...but they are all vintage kits (the cool ones) and cost a fortune.

For now, a Peterbilt and a car is lots of work. ;)

I'm dying to see the Pete -built. I've got the old Ford coe stake bed truck on the side lines that I'm dying to rust up.
Looking forward to whatever you build bro.

Rob

OK - this is so cool. I don't post here for a day and the thread gets bumped 1/2 way down the 2nd page.

Thank you everyone for getting INTO this contest! So much fun!

So I have a cool gun on the way - and it's 1/25:

gk13.jpg

Also ordered some gatling gun components from HLJ. Should be cool.

Couple of eBay auctions pending today...then I have to stop spending and start building.

NO not that - it's too big.

Ordered the end caps and stuff - the DIY parts

sweeeet!!!! how much did the Big foot cost, scott? I also found a Quad Cannon but I'm unable to find something to mount it on...

i dont know if anyone has posted this, but there is lots of empty space between the frame and the body, maybe you can retrofit some "steel plating" inside of the body, just enough to fit on the frame, and place some shaped armored plating anywhere it may make the vehicle look armored and cool...

also may i suggest using angled armor! most tanks have sloped armor, the "tomb stone." as they called it in death race was basically a 6 inch steel plate that sat on the back of the car, i was surprised they didn't make it angled to increase its effishency! for example, a peace of armored plate 3 inches thick, set at a 45 degree angle will hold back hits just as well as a peace of steel 6 inches thick set at a 90 degree angle! also i think placing angled armor in some places would really add effects to the look of the vehicle!

Decided to scrap the Daytona and use a '68 Firebird instead. Kit has lots of cool options to make it look killer.

85-2342-lg.jpg

It's a shorter car, has cool wide tires, huge engine, roll bar, racer style seat etc.... great starting point for what I wanna do.

Latest posts

Back