Scott's Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Cool idea Scott. I would maybe look for some photos of middle eastern vehicles or militia type vehicles you see non military units use in Iraq or something like that. Might give you a good starting reference :)

Like I say, the type of car may help dictate the type of armour. A 50's chevy would have a full frame and thicker body panels than say a Honda Civic. Also, who is building these things? Are they back yard creations or more professionally done?

Looks like you've got a crap load of thinking to do with all the suggestions. Good luck! keep it fun!

Thanks all! I really appreciate the advice. Gonna keep on looking for ideas.

noname said:
Any ideas as to what cars you might use??

Sorry, missed this one.

So far I have:
revell-peterbilt-359-tractor-plastic-model-kit-cd5e6.jpg

AND

MPC709.jpg

I would like to add:
A flatbed trailer with guns and 'precious cargo'
A scratchbuilt 'self loader' crane arm that is there to grab cars and toss 'em
Some 1:25 motorbikes

AND....lol -

A monster truck el camino
245396_2.jpg

Or a VAN if I can find one.....

There you go again...

maybe you should try an narrow it down a little bit. ;D

Remember, the goal is completion. ;)

Wow! you've got your work cut out for you. Are you quitting your day job?! ;D Seeing how you can't exactly enter the competition I'm sure everyone will forgive you if it's not completed at the end. And you know what? If you the windows are are all covered in plates and the hoods are kept shut, there is a bunch of detailing you don't have to do right?

LOL - Well I'd really like to finish this one.........for a change. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a hypocrite - preaching the goal is completion and not completing much myself. :-[

Like usual I have a huge vision for this - had a huge vision for the Battle of Sloth too!

But yes, some of the detail can be hidden for sure.

1:25 figures are another 'problem'. I have a Nascar Driver and 2 Tamiya Rally Drivers. Found out that figures from the 80s series of M.A.S.K are 1:25. Anyone remember that show?

MASK

$%28KGrHqJ,!iwE2KFwy04QBNmcmJieVg~~0_12.JPG

Don't feel bad Scott, we all have partially built kits in our stash. I think it is natural when working on an extensive build that we get bored and our interests change. I'm well into my first build for the contest and am constantly thinking of what to do next. Lots of ideas but have a job picking just one or two. I'd like to build a dio but haven't done one before and have my doubts as to wether I'd be able to finish one. I have to say, you do think BIG! I know what it's like, you get an idea and feel you just have to do it. Go for it. Think of it as several seperate projects and maybe you can keep on top of it.

I've never seen that show before. You must be a tad younger than I. Are those all your figures?

I'm 36. I totally forgot about this show and then stumbled across it and it was a huge odd flashback.

No, the figures are on ebay - just waiting for some to come up cheap in canada. I think they could easily be converted for this project.

I've got about four years on ya. I must have been out riding my BMX looking for cuties!

Ha! used to love that show, notice the rip off biker scout helmet at the start :D

I also remember that show, I think it was on TV back in the mid 70's. If I remember correctly it was one of those show who's main focus was selling toys. Kind of a half hour long infomercial without Billy Mays.....

I will not enjoy seeing that Daytona model banged up and armor plated. :'(

All kidding aside, I do want to see what you do to her....

I was thinking more like mid 80's.

I'm about five years older than Scott and I can just barely recognize that intro, as if I saw it a few times passing by the television as my younger cousins were watching it or something.

Plus, that music is totally 80's cheesy pop-rock type stuff you might find in a late Rocky movie or maybe Quicksilver with Kevin Bacon and even Karate Kid.

Karate kid

;D

Scott Girvan said:
Thanks guys. Sure to be lots of questions from me on this -

Boots - Schurzen style plates - found em on Google
Thorma?? I have no clue.

Scott, the the `Thorma` or maybe `Thurma` are the same size as the Schurzen but instead of being solid metal they a wire mesh style and hung on the schurzen rail, a lot of the mesh one were used on the later PZ IV Ausf J and possibly the H as well, it was just a cheaper option as raw materials were getting a bit scarce!!

Untitled-1-2.jpg

wIREMESH.jpg

tHE ABOVE PICS ARE FOR DISUSSION PURPOSES ONLY

HTH buddy

`Boots`

Music took such a literal turn in the 80s.

Thanks for all the input on this build. I really appreciate it!

AKE - dig those bikes however I envision choppers and Harleys more than crotch rockets.

(((lol))) 'Crotch rocket '.....love it !! ;D

Chris.

I can't belived that not only did I watch that entire KK video, i hadto go to YT to find the final fight! I'm getting nothing done today am I?

I shouldn't mention this as it may give you an idea to add even more stuff to this dio, but M.a.k. kits are 1/24th scale. In fact the original models were made using model auto figs because that's all that was available to them at the time. There are a few aftermarket figures for M.a.k. and the Hasagawa mechanics box set.

Latest posts

Back