Scott's new mancave

merseajohn said:
Very nice, but you can't beat an old shed in the winter with no insulation ::) I wonder if any of my paints will freeze lol?

I've started to notice a difference between North America and Europe.

North American's have "Man Caves" while Europeans have "Man Sheds"

adampolo13 said:
merseajohn said:
Very nice, but you can't beat an old shed in the winter with no insulation ::) I wonder if any of my paints will freeze lol?

I've started to notice a difference between North America and Europe.

North American's have "Man Caves" while Europeans have "Man Sheds"

Or in my case, it's the CMD...Center for Masculine Development :-D

CMD. Nice!

yeah, got the parts required for lights. gonna have 4, 4" fluorescent tubes under there.

That's a lot of light! Are you particular about the color temp at all? I'm using 3000k bulbs, and I found that I had to slightly angle my 2-bay flo fixture so that it wasn't directly in my eye line.

It's also set back towards the wall more and illuminates the shelves since having it right above me was far to aggressive and harsh.

8190961305_b64673d33c_c.jpg

For me there can't be enough light.

I'm using daylight temp. All the same brand and temperature everywhere. Added the chain on the shelf, got the lights attached.

4175.jpg

4176.jpg

Just a temporary setup to check em out. Tomorrow I'll add conduit, a junction and a switch on the wall.

4177.jpg

Scott, if it were me, I'd be calling that one done! Hahaha. t looks great by the way. Plenty of space for you as well as the kids which I'm sure will be both a blessing and a curse at times. Anyways, diggin the progress.

Scott Girvan said:
Still lots to do. Tonight's project is complete but man, it kicked my butt.

4179.jpg

Thats some legit, pretty realistic looking wallpaper Scott. One would have to think its real brick after looking closely.

There's only one thing that would make that desk look better....

Some Styrene......

Looking great Scott.

Scott,

might I suggest a surge strip being run from one of the wall outlets to the bench top edge or the leg/shelf. It is so much easier to reach under the dest to plug in the pyroguave or the dremel then crawling under the bench to do it.

Latest posts

Back