Revell B-26 Marauder 1/48

Looks great! 8)

It may be too late to do anything about, but one thing I did notice is that the control surfaces wouldn't be susceptible to paint chipping since they were fabric covered. Otherwise the finish is top notch.

the Baron said:
The True Details wheels look sharp, Ferris, very crisp detail.
Thanks! The seperation between the rim and wheels is rather dramatic compared to all the other wheels I've ever done. It made painting them easy and reletivly painless.

redraider56 said:
Looks great! 8)

Thanks.

redraider56 said:
It may be too late to do anything about, but one thing I did notice is that the control surfaces wouldn't be susceptible to paint chipping since they were fabric covered. Otherwise the finish is top notch.

Hmmm.... You're right. It's correctable, the tail however, just don't know if i want to try it or not...

Regarding the control surfaces, Ferris, why not approach them by discoloring them, compared to the metal surfaces? They would have weathered and faded differently.

To be honest, it doesn't distract from the overall appearance, I'm just a bomber nut and notice those kind of things. It would difficult with the rudder because of the tail number, so it probably wouldn't pay to risk messing that up. You achieved a good degree in variability in the paint scheme and weathering, and that will take interest away from it.

Thanks guys. i though about it for a few days and decided I'm just gonna let things be where there are regarding the flaps and such. i'm gonna finish the kit out, 'the goal is completion....'

Update:
I distresses the decals a bit and laid down a flat coat on the top side and the gear doors. i did a panel wash on the wheels, and decaled the props.

Thanks for checking it out!
More to come.
Comments welcome.

Cheers!

Update:
Attached bombs, gear, and doors.

Been laying down some powers, dirtying things up some.

The props are done also, but the pix looked like crap so I'll get some up soon.
Thanks for checking it out!
More to come!
Comments Welcomed.

Cheers!

redraider56 said:
Best weathering job I've seen in a while 8) Cant wait to see her done!
Thanks Red, I can't wait either.

Update:
Well, had a bit of a set back. Somewhere and somehow, I spilt a drop of something on top of the starboard wing right in the middle of the outboard OD. 1 drop of something that was shiny and resisted being covered by anything flat. My first attempt failed, so now, I'm redoing the outer edge OD on top of the wing (from the stripes out). 1 drop is setting me back couple days. Oh this horks me off to no end! Who knows, maybe this will be for the better.....I hope.
Cheers!

Final Update:
Fixed that bit on the wing and I'm calling it done. Thanks to all who came along. :)\
All in all, I'm proud of it. This is the first time went extreme with the weathering, perhaps a little too much, but ah well. :)
A couple of mishaps though, somehow paint mists got into the rear gunners area and is on the inner windscreen, and the 2 windows on the belly. I have no idea how those happened. and a few areas with the canopy masks I had to touch up. But, I'm ok with it.
Lots of pix, enjoy!

Latest posts

Back