mpc snowspeeder

Ozzman78 said:
Amazing work on this old kit. Going to be an amazing speeder.

-Ozz
cheers dude i just had a look at your tie fighter nice work there mym8!!peza ;D

eh up all,
i`ve been doin abit more this week,i desided that rather then drilling a hole in the bottom for the cables to some out of and also it bein on the naff stand i came up with the idea of it bein fuelled up and that the power generator lead could hide the kid`s used sparkler wire which is gonna make the model appear that it`s floatinGEDC2031.jpg

next i started to make my stand/base out of styrene with a bendy straw set in for the wire and electrics to be hidden inGEDC2066.jpg

and finally i primered the top,scored some floor panels and pre shaded themGEDC2067.jpg,i also have finished the top with some tamiya sky grey in the centre of the panels,it`s come out ok but i got abit of splatter,but i`ll do what we all do at home?put a rug on it!!ha...nar i`ll try to wheather it out,but because if masked up the top i can`t show ya the finished photo as yet but i will after i paint the side`s in gloss black..cheers for all ya kind words i`m made up with the feed back.BIG THANKS!! ;Dpeza

eh up all,
i`ve finished the base off and here`s an image of that
GEDC2094.jpg

also i`ve glued the bottom on and to be honest it`s not the best fit but alittle jiggery pockery and a lot of filler and it all should be ok.here are some more images
GEDC2095.jpg]
GEDC2097.jpg
i`ll post somemore later on this week..cheers dudes!! ;D

eh up all,
i`ve managed to get all the fit issues sorted out!
firstly there was the back which i fixed with 2 pieces of 1mm styrene.

next there was the front big gap which i fixed with some white milliput and while i had some mixed up
i sorted out the gap down the sides of the cockpit..
here are some images hope ya like...cheers peza
GEDC2142.jpg
GEDC2129.jpg
GEDC2128.jpg

eh up all.
i`ve been doin abit more lastnite,i managed to get it all glued together bar the canopy which i`m gonna leave off for now.tonight i`m gonna start the weatherin before i mount it to the base.here are some lastest photos before i start weatherin tonight..cheers peza ;D
snow013.jpg
snow014.jpg
snow017.jpg
snow016.jpg

eh up all.
i`ve been doin some more this week i managed to get the snowspeeder mounted on the base which looks good.
GEDC2203.jpg
GEDC2205.jpg.

next i started knockin up a maintenance gantry come work station for a groundcrew man to be doin some work or doin an inspection of the access hatch..
GEDC2207.jpg
GEDC2212.jpg
GEDC2216.jpg
GEDC2219.jpg

hope ya like the images cheers dudes!! :)

Jaitea said:
You've nailed the illusion, this is going to be cool peza

J

cheers dude! it`s getting be goin again this build,i just felt i was gettin nowhere with the old bird!just needed a bit of a rest from it!! :'(
cheers for the kind words tayta!! ;D....peza

christrom said:
Peza, this build is awesome!!!! Can't wait to see it in the flesh. Seriously good!

cheers dude!!!! how`s ya build coming on mym8!!!lookin forward to SWFFD....do you think the modellers might have more room down the bottom end?but still near the bar!!! ;D....cheers peza

That is wicked. Man, I love this. That illusion is perfect (might have to borrow that sometime).

Now you're totally making me want to build this kit. Sweet work man. Keep at it.

She's looking fantastic ! I agree with everyone else , that refuelling/floating effect is excellent and I may have to steal that idea myself ! ;)

Latest posts

Back