mpc snowspeeder

Thundergod said:
Wow , that cockpit looks excellent . I've been playing about with LED's myself and I'm seriously tempted to try out fibre optics as I've never attempted them . ( I've actually got the set that came with the old Star Destroyer kit knocking around somewhere , I'll have to hunt them down !) ;)
cheers mucker.
seriously i`d go for it if ya never try but never know!!i got my LED`s from me mums old christmas tree! ;D
what are you gonna use em in?cheers buddy peza

Ey up Pez dispensor, this is lookin' reet pretty. I love what you are doing to this kit... the detail level is sublime. You gotta bring it with you next year, finished or not! BTW, never noticed your thumb! Ouch, you trap it or something, or did you hack it off whilst doing the Falcon?

Take care MIM8 ;D

christrom said:
Ey up Pez dispensor, this is lookin' reet pretty. I love what you are doing to this kit... the detail level is sublime. You gotta bring it with you next year, finished or not! BTW, never noticed your thumb! Ouch, you trap it or something, or did you hack it off whilst doing the Falcon?

Take care MIM8 ;D

eh up good buddy,nice to see ya on here!!
yeah this will be done well before burnley,and the thumb was putting my hand where it should`nt of been as a kid..i was playin with my dads air rifle..big ouch!!!are you gonna start showing some of your work on here..i think the battle of hoth dio would go down a treat...and the rancor!!! ;D

cheers mucker.
seriously i`d go for it if ya never try but never know!!i got my LED`s from me mums old christmas tree! ;D
[/quote]

The LED's in the Falcon are a set of Halloween lights from Poundland ( I plan on stocking up on them before Halloween comes and goes ) . As for the fibre optics , I'm not too sure what I'll use them on , as I've a number of options . I've an old MPC Snowspeeder that could use some attention ( only kidding , though I DO have one !) but I've also got an old MPC X-Wing ( the BIG one with the electronics , though they are absent ) that I never got around to finishing , so that'd be the most likely candidate .

Thundergod said:
cheers mucker.

The LED's in the Falcon are a set of Halloween lights from Poundland ( I plan on stocking up on them before Halloween comes and goes ) . As for the fibre optics , I'm not too sure what I'll use them on , as I've a number of options . I've an old MPC Snowspeeder that could use some attention ( only kidding , though I DO have one !) but I've also got an old MPC X-Wing ( the BIG one with the electronics , though they are absent ) that I never got around to finishing , so that'd be the most likely candidate .
go for it man!!you can only win!!
cheers peza
[/quote]

eh up all,
i`m 95% finished on the cockpit now just got the clear screens for pilots display and gunners scope.
i scratched up some seat belts out of thin wire,i glued on a single sheet of toilet roll to give the texture of fabric instead of being smooth.next i painted them up,shaped them and super glued them in place,the buckle was made of the same procedure but with the extra bit of styrene for the buckle it`s self.
oh and finally i tried up all the fibre optics on the bottom,i`ve not cut them to length yet but thats it for me tonight
hope ya like the progress so far..here are some images,cheers peza ;D
GEDC1931.jpg
GEDC1932.jpg
GEDC1933.jpg

dude, please put up a pic of the fiber optics working( can't wait to see this beaut!!) hope this turns out well ! ;D

Honestly , if you put as much effort into the outside as you have on the inside , this is going to be outstanding ! I'm REALLY torn about making my next project a re-vamp of my old MPC Snowspeeder . :-\ ( With an added :eek: )

TheDeadRumors said:
dude, please put up a pic of the fiber optics working( can't wait to see this beaut!!) hope this turns out well ! ;D
cheers buddy,i will post up some photos of the fibre optics workin once i get them goin mym8..
cheers peza ;)

Thundergod said:
Honestly , if you put as much effort into the outside as you have on the inside , this is going to be outstanding ! I'm REALLY torn about making my next project a re-vamp of my old MPC Snowspeeder . :-\ ( With an added :eek: )
eh up me old cock sparra,
yeah i`m really pleased with the outcome of the cockpit,,i managed to finish it off lastnite,all i had to do was the 2 screens for the pilot and the gunner.i used some clear 1mm styrene and got my misses to eat a blue and yellow quality street cos they dont do green sweets..ha.i then glued them together with some PVA,i dont know if these images do it any justice,but i looks sweet!!hope ya like mym8..cheers peza,oh and finally i`m goin to try to get the main model primered today if i can ;D
GEDC1934.jpg
GEDC1935.jpg

eh up all,
i`ve been doin some more this week i`m pretty much ready to start puttin it all together once i`ve finished making my light box for my LED.GEDC1969.jpg

after that i started to prim and paint the main model i choose to have my an very light grey almost white with i made up with a full bottle of tamiya flat white and a mixture of 35ml of dark iron and 65ml of sky grey.
and then started to weather up the side details i`ve added,i evan tried to make acouple of bits look chromed up and weathered as if there`s been alot of heat through it.GEDC1970.jpg
GEDC1966.jpg :(

GEDC1967.jpg
GEDC1968.jpg

and finally a started to paint up the inner details on the sides i`m happy with the way it`s goin so farGEDC1979.jpg,and hopefully i`ll get the lights workin this weekend,if so i`ll post some more of the lights workin....
hope ya like the progress cheers peza

eh up fellas.
the old boy cracked it i got the lights to work!
i used some tamiya clear colours and a cocktail stick to paint up the fibre optics.
i`m well happy with the way it`s turned out,here are some images of my progress so far.
cheers fellas(one happy bunny ;D)......peza
GEDC1987-1.jpg

GEDC1986.jpg

GEDC1989-1.jpg

GEDC1998.jpg

Latest posts

Back